PDA

View Full Version : Eid

barbless
04-23-2020, 11:56 AM
Just talked to a very nice and friendly lady at the EID office about maybe the decision they came up with at their meeting they had just before Easter. Has to do with keeping boat launches open in the area and lakes they take care of. So far sounds like indecision but she said call back May 1 and they should be able to provide more info on the decision. Campgrounds still definitely closed (so far). She did mention that you might have to leave the lake at the end of the day. Could be a positive note for us, fishing in these neck of the prairies (not woods). As normal sun up to sun down.
Any word of the same for Red Deer area and north, east or west? Cold or Slave I need a week for sure of stay!!!! Sylvan, Gull, Cow..... ect

darren32
04-23-2020, 01:08 PM
What is EID?

I am curious about what will happen at the lakes around here (Edmonton area).

barbless
04-23-2020, 01:16 PM
EID is Eastern Irrigation District. We live in Calgary and pretty much anything south of here gets fed by irrigation canals from the Bow River and they control that. Chester-slough south kinda thing. Probably more.

darren32
04-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Thanks

fishpro
04-23-2020, 07:14 PM
So are you saying that right now it looks like access and fishing are allowed but no camping?

old dog
04-23-2020, 10:04 PM
🤞🙏🏼

WayneChristie
04-24-2020, 08:37 AM
So are you saying that right now it looks like access and fishing are allowed but no camping?

cant drive into the park at Kinbrook I dont know about the private launch

Poppa
04-24-2020, 09:45 AM
Kenney is set to announce the relaunch plan next week. I suspect we'll have a better idea then. My gut says fishing will be a go, but camping will be a different story because gatherings of more than 15 people in one area is banned for the summer, as per Hinshaw.

Couleestalker
04-24-2020, 09:48 AM
I can tell you, as an employee of the EID that was involved in the decision, we are planning on having the boat launches at Crawling Valley Reservoir and Rolling Hills Reservoir open to the public May 1 unless we are directed by AHS or other authorities that we have to close them.

The campgrounds will remain closed until further notice.

Kinbrook Island is a PP therefore there is no vehicle access meaning the launch is not accessible at this time. There is a boat launch at Lake Newell Resort that can be used, however there is a launch fee. Info can be found at http://lakenewellresort.com/?page_id=21.

During the current group gatherings and social distancing measures that are in the place, the continued use of the launches will be up to those that are using it. If people are not following the rules we may be forced to close them, so please be respectful to ensure everyone has opportunity to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Also remember as part of the EID's Aquatic Invasive Species program, all watercraft must be registered with the EID to get your 2020 sticker. Launching of trailered watercraft is only allowed at approved launches.

Poppa
04-24-2020, 02:14 PM
I can tell you, as an employee of the EID that was involved in the decision, we are planning on having the boat launches at Crawling Valley Reservoir and Rolling Hills Reservoir open to the public May 1 unless we are directed by AHS or other authorities that we have to close them.

Kinbrook Island is a PP therefore there is no vehicle access meaning the launch is not accessible at this time. There is a boat launch at Lake Newell Resort that can be used, however there is a launch fee. Info can be found at http://lakenewellresort.com/?page_id=21.

During the current group gatherings and social distancing measures that are in the place, the continued use of the launches will be up to those that are using it. If people are not following the rules we may be forced to close them, so please be respectful to ensure everyone has opportunity to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Also remember as part of the EID's Aquatic Invasive Species program, all watercraft must be registered with the EID to get your 2020 sticker. Launching of trailered watercraft is only allowed at approved launches.
Really great post -- thank you for the info!

barbless
04-24-2020, 04:47 PM

Just got off the phone again and exactly right. I called just to find out how to get my 2020 sticker and the lady said there should be someone at the gate at Crawling Valley for you to fill out your information and give you a sticker. I don't think the lake will be ice free by May 1 and the water won't start going in till May 8. Low spots and big rocks. They don't mail them out. Would be good to do online

Couleestalker
04-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Just got off the phone again and exactly right. I called just to find out how to get my 2020 sticker and the lady said there should be someone at the gate at Crawling Valley for you to fill out your information and give you a sticker. I don't think the lake will be ice free by May 1 and the water won't start going in till May 8. Low spots and big rocks. They don't mail them out. Would be good to do online

The problem with online is that we cannot visually inspect the boats for mussels or other AIS like milfoil. It is also a good education tool when we are able to talk to boaters before hand. The entire process only takes a couple of minutes.

Remember, if you leave the province you need to have your boat inspected at an Alberta Government inspection station when coming back into the province.

dodger
04-24-2020, 07:33 PM

Thanks for taking the time to share this.
Stay safe everyone !!

Dodger.

roper1
04-24-2020, 08:41 PM

Thanks for this, really appreciate it!!

deschambault
04-25-2020, 07:07 AM
We drove out to Crawling Valley early this week and had a sandwich while walking around the marina and campground just to get a bit of fresh air. We talked to a guy there who said that they were intending to open the boat launch and one bathroom provided people acted responsibly and din't throw garbage everywhere. We walked over by the dam and the ground was full of empty minnow cases, cigarette packs, pop cans etc. We filled a bag with garbage and dropped it off. Based on this, I hope people quit acting like pigs but aren't really hopeful.

barbless
04-25-2020, 02:23 PM
We drove out to Crawling Valley early this week and had a sandwich while walking around the marina and campground just to get a bit of fresh air. We talked to a guy there who said that they were intending to open the boat launch and one bathroom provided people acted responsibly and din't throw garbage everywhere. We walked over by the dam and the ground was full of empty minnow cases, cigarette packs, pop cans etc. We filled a bag with garbage and dropped it off. Based on this, I hope people quit acting like pigs but aren't really hopeful.

Hard to believe the pigs that show up to fish. Wonder if they poach? Sure hope not. Ice coming off yet? Just wondering? Do you have a red van and red boat?

deschambault
04-25-2020, 04:11 PM
The ice was coming off near shore in front of the beach but the lake and marina were still iced in. I do not have a red van and boat so you are thinking of someone else.

roper1
04-26-2020, 08:57 PM
Crawling Valley today for a look-see. No ice to be seen from the launch or the marina. Strong westerly might have pushed it to the east side, I had the binos but didn't think to look. Seems clear.

deeman
04-29-2020, 12:49 PM

Hey Couleestalker,
How many lakes are the EID in control of? and I would guess the sticker is good for all lakes? I have a brand new boat that has never touched water that I have been dying to put some hours on to get it river ready as well.

Chewie66
05-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know if the Kinbrook Park or CVR launches are open? I checked the Alberta parks website and they're not listed on the "open" launches.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

graybeard
05-08-2020, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if the Kinbrook Park or CVR launches are open? I checked the Alberta parks website and they're not listed on the "open" launches.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Try calling...(403) 362-1400.

I believe CRV is open and Kinbrook has access through the campground with a fee?

I am interested in how many guys here or heard of guys, that were ticketed by the police whilst traveling in your truck to your fishing hole... Social distancing?

Couleestalker
05-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Kinbrook Island, Crawling Valley and Rolling Hills are all open and there is NO fee for launching. Lake Newell Resort is also open with a launch fee.

Chewie66
05-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Thanks Couleestalker! Appreciate the info.

Wes_G
05-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Kinbrook Island, Crawling Valley and Rolling Hills are all open and there is NO fee for launching. Lake Newell Resort is also open with a launch fee.

I knew Rolling Hills is open but I didn't think Kinbrook was open until the 14th.

roper1
05-08-2020, 09:16 PM

Thank you, Sir!

Couleestalker
05-09-2020, 12:14 AM
I knew Rolling Hills is open but I didn't think Kinbrook was open until the 14th.

It’s open. They even have the dock in already.

graybeard
05-09-2020, 09:25 AM
I tip my hat to Couleestalker for the timely EID boating information...
Thanks....:happy0180:

barbless
05-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info and confirmation. So will they have someone at the launches to give out the boat inspection stickers? Got the boat open and ready for the first launch. Next weekend I'm thinking. Can I park in the parking lot and stay over night with my motor home at CVR?