PDA

View Full Version : no sask. fishing

lakerman
04-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Its only going to open up for residents. Guess I just get to watch from a distance.:(

flyrodfisher
04-23-2020, 05:58 PM
Its only going to open up for residents. Guess I just get to watch from a distance.:(

Could you please provide a link?

Nothing here.....
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/parks-culture-heritage-and-sport/hunting-trapping-and-angling/fishing-and-hunting-update-for-covid-19

tool
04-23-2020, 06:31 PM
I’m curious to see a link as well since it’s not something that I’ve heard yet. Premier Scott Moe presented the plan to reopen Saskatchewan today and that was one of the things on the list was fishing and golf would be open, boat launches to open May 4.

Who Da Fisherman
04-23-2020, 06:34 PM
I just tried my Hal account and can buy a 1 day, 3 day or yearly liscence
WDF

Smoky buck
04-23-2020, 06:35 PM
Maybe they are reopening Saskatchewan but taking precautions that may bring in Covid19 from neighboring provinces

Keeping it to residents only and looking after Saskatchewan is not all that horrible considering

tool
04-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Maybe they are reopening Saskatchewan but taking precautions that may bring in Covid19 from neighboring provinces

Keeping it to residents only and looking after Saskatchewan is not all that horrible considering

I don’t disagree at all, it’s just not something that I’ve read or seen in the news or anywhere official.

Smoky buck
04-23-2020, 07:04 PM
I don’t disagree at all, it’s just not something that I’ve read or seen in the news or anywhere official.

Completely fair I am just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt

338Bluff
04-23-2020, 07:18 PM

You better post a link if your want claim stuff like that!

338Bluff
04-23-2020, 07:45 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/leaderpost.com/news/saskatchewan/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-re-open-saskatchewan-plan/wcm/1ddfe7d5-52cb-47eb-9aac-eb97141f4e04/amp/

Nothing mentioned here about it. Only that campgrounds will be open at half capacity and restricted to Sask residents. Day trips possible but extended trips likely out for awhile.

Who Da Fisherman
04-23-2020, 08:30 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/leaderpost.com/news/saskatchewan/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-re-open-saskatchewan-plan/wcm/1ddfe7d5-52cb-47eb-9aac-eb97141f4e04/amp/

Nothing mentioned here about it. Only that campgrounds will be open at half capacity and restricted to Sask residents. Day trips possible but extended trips likely out for awhile.

Or stay at private or federal campgrounds, this is for provincial campgrounds
WDF

Soab
04-23-2020, 08:37 PM
We booked a cabin in sask on may long. Goin fishing

pikeman06
04-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Heard campgrounds open to saskie residents not a word about fishing but I don't think their season is open yet. They talked about easing the restrictions on closed businesses and getting things rolling again on the global news.

tool
04-23-2020, 10:24 PM
Fishing season opens May 5 in southern SK.

They announced today that boat launches would be allowed to open in the May 4 ease of restrictions.

rasbok
04-24-2020, 12:04 AM
the way I read it is that only sk residents in provincial parks.

They might have a bit of problem if they push it any farther. i’m an Alberta resident living 10 blocks from Sask in Lloydminster. i have a Lake property in Sask and have paid for my dock fees to the RM already for the year and purchased a fishing license

Freedom55
04-24-2020, 05:40 AM
I listened to the announcement yesterday afternoon while I put the batteries in the boat and loaded the lockers with essential gear. Consulted my maps and charts and I'm going fishing on Cinco de Mayo.:sHa_shakeshout:

I'm jonesing bad and my twitching is driving my Mrs. crazy. She is not used to this being home with HIM all day and may not get her job at a massage therapy/acupuncture clinic so I've got to make myself scarce.:fighting0074:

As to being open for residents only, I never look at licence plates on a boat but I like to live and let live. Half the boats at tournaments in SK are from AB and I see them every year and enjoy the stories from home at the meetings.

Free

lakerman
04-24-2020, 06:03 AM
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/re-open-saskatchewan-plan/guidelines/parks-and-campground-guidelines

raw outdoors
04-24-2020, 07:22 AM
the way I read it is that only sk residents in provincial parks.

They might have a bit of problem if they push it any farther. i’m an Alberta resident living 10 blocks from Sask in Lloydminster. i have a Lake property in Sask and have paid for my dock fees to the RM already for the year and purchased a fishing license

This is the exact same situation I am in. Family owned cabin in the park in sask.

alpineguy
04-24-2020, 07:44 AM
I have requested a more detailed explanation via email. Waiting to hear back as we have a privately owned cabin at a fly in lake in Northern Sask (not in a park) and plan to go in May 30th.
As all the information regarding resident restrictions are on the Provincial Parks and campgrounds site I am assuming it doesn't apply to public lands not in a park.
There still may be an obstacle of the flight in as social distancing is impossible. I have also emailed the company who flies us in to get their plan.
If anyone has substantiated information regarding our situation I would appreciate hearing it.

SamSteele
04-24-2020, 08:19 AM
This is the exact same situation I am in. Family owned cabin in the park in sask.

Same here.

SNAPFisher
04-24-2020, 09:47 AM
We are all making sacrifices right now. Even if you it cannot make it out in May I'll put money on it that June there is a good chance and then a solid chance by July. That is, if everything keeps reasonable as Sask starts to relax current restrictions.

Tfng
04-24-2020, 10:51 AM
Like some others I’m left wondering where I stand. I live 4 blocks from the border in Lloyd. I’ve heard Lloyd is going to follow Sask but I’m not sure of that. I’m already regularly in Sask and also working side by side with Sask residents.

My lake lot is not in or near a provincial park. I have no neighbours nearby, just empty bush lots. There are no facilities at the boat launch; no dock, no washrooms, no fish cleaning shack. Do I start gearing up for the opener May long?

Rvsask
04-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Outfitters, fishing camps and remote northern guided recreational establishments remain closed at this time.

This makes me wonder where anyone could possibly book a cabin for May Long.

Poppa
04-24-2020, 02:16 PM
at this point, I'm just hoping for inter-provincial travel by Labour Day. I'd really love to go home to MB for the long weekend and wet a line, but we'll see how people do in following the rules this summer.

lakerman
04-24-2020, 05:05 PM
https://www.ckom.com/2020/04/24/northern-saskatchewan-locked-down-with-checkpoints-to-help-contain-covid-19-outbreak/

The day will come to fish, but not now.

blgoodbrand1
04-24-2020, 05:35 PM
Like some others I’m left wondering where I stand. I live 4 blocks from the border in Lloyd. I’ve heard Lloyd is going to follow Sask but I’m not sure of that. I’m already regularly in Sask and also working side by side with Sask residents.

My lake lot is not in or near a provincial park. I have no neighbours nearby, just empty bush lots. There are no facilities at the boat launch; no dock, no washrooms, no fish cleaning shack. Do I start gearing up for the opener May long?

Yup. I would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tfng
04-24-2020, 06:34 PM
https://www.ckom.com/2020/04/24/northern-saskatchewan-locked-down-with-checkpoints-to-help-contain-covid-19-outbreak/

The day will come to fish, but not now.

Well there’s my answer.

Yup. I would be.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did start this afternoon but it looks like a no go.

flyrodfisher
04-24-2020, 07:53 PM

As long as you stay south of the line, it looks looks you are good to go....

dustinjoels
04-25-2020, 10:58 AM
I have two cabins booked at Dore lake June 2nd. The original plan was for 8 guys, but 4 have dropped out due to layoffs and because one lives in the US and won’t be able to travel. Starting to look like pretty bleak chances for the remaining 4 of us to be able to go.

deschambault
04-25-2020, 12:27 PM
I have a tentative booking late June at Tobin Lake and it looks like this just fits below the line. If you have a fly-in operation however, I suspect that you may go broke this summer.

35 whelen
04-25-2020, 01:43 PM
I have two cabins booked at Dore lake June 2nd. The original plan was for 8 guys, but 4 have dropped out due to layoffs and because one lives in the US and won’t be able to travel. Starting to look like pretty bleak chances for the remaining 4 of us to be able to go.
MY son is booked for there same time ,he called yesterday they said they are opening up on time?

dustinjoels
04-25-2020, 03:56 PM
MY son is booked for there same time ,he called yesterday they said they are opening up on time?

How are they going to get there with the roads closed to northern Saskatchewan for non essential travel as per the link above?

lakerman
04-25-2020, 04:19 PM
I guess I'll be stranded on shore, waving to the family and friends sitting in their boats.,while I swat at the bugs.
Passengers in boats are limited to only those who reside in the same household. See the link above.

raw outdoors
04-25-2020, 09:35 PM
I guess I'll be stranded on shore, waving to the family and friends sitting in their boats.,while I swat at the bugs.
Passengers in boats are limited to only those who reside in the same household. See the link above.

I am just going to pull my buddy behind my boat in his own canoe. doesnt say anything about people from different addresses staying in the same camper? There sure is some real thinkers out there trying to have there brilliant idea heard.

Bigballedbore
05-04-2020, 08:46 AM
i called the lodge again yesterday and they are shutdown until they lift the northern travel ban. no timeline on when that will be either.

vance
05-11-2020, 02:13 PM
I am an AB resident and my son and I bought our SK licenses today in St. Walburg without problem.
Vance

35 whelen
05-11-2020, 02:18 PM
I am an AB resident and my son and I bought our SK licenses today in St. Walburg without problem.

VanceI'm sure you can buy any license anywhere for any Province still doesn't mean you can go there

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

vance
05-11-2020, 02:25 PM
I realize there is still a northern travel ban, but you can buy a SK license. Our cabin is in the Southern zone
Vance

WayneChristie
05-11-2020, 04:33 PM
has anyone tried fishing southern Sask yet this season? any issues getting there?

deschambault
05-11-2020, 04:42 PM
I am booked into Tobin Lake this June and have been assured that they are open and my trip will occur. I sure hope they are correct.

lakerman
05-11-2020, 05:03 PM
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/parks-culture-heritage-and-sport/hunting-trapping-and-angling/fishing-and-hunting-update-for-covid-19

Soab
05-11-2020, 08:03 PM
has anyone tried fishing southern Sask yet this season? any issues getting there?

Heading ther Thursday, have a cabin booked and license bought. Can have other people in your boat too

WayneChristie
05-11-2020, 08:37 PM
"Shoreline anglers must adhere to a strict two-metre distance between individuals."
not an issue the way I cast! :scared0018:

Freedom55
05-12-2020, 07:20 AM
The fishing in the south is largely on Diefenbaker, a widening of the South Sask. River (with the notable exception of Last Mountain Lake) is dependent on the boat launches that are all in a provincial park. These parks will not be open until Tuesday May 19. If you are planning a short trip to Saskatchewan south of Highway 16 you might consider leaving your boat at home.

However, the central section opens on Friday 15th and once again I'm preparing the boat for opening day at Turtle, beginning at first light for some early trolling then top-water pike in the shallows. Not two days or three as this is a long weekend and I don't do crowds of tourists and I'll be off the water by 3:00

Free

Freedom55
05-12-2020, 07:23 AM
Heading ther Thursday, have a cabin booked and license bought. Can have other people in your boat too

Where to?

SamSteele
05-12-2020, 07:46 AM
The fishing in the south is largely on Diefenbaker, a widening of the South Sask. River (with the notable exception of Last Mountain Lake) is dependent on the boat launches that are all in a provincial park. These parks will not be open until Tuesday May 19. If you are planning a short trip to Saskatchewan south of Highway 16 you might consider leaving your boat at home.

However, the central section opens on Friday 15th and once again I'm preparing the boat for opening day at Turtle, beginning at first light for some early trolling then top-water pike in the shallows. Not two days or three as this is a long weekend and I don't do crowds of tourists and I'll be off the water by 3:00

Free

You do know that Turtle is in the Southern Zone of Sask as per the regs right? It opened on May 5th with the rest of the Southern Zone.

Freedom55
05-12-2020, 08:10 AM
My bad. I was thinking south of 16 not 55. I'm not waiting for Friday. Going in the AM, Thanx

Rvsask
05-12-2020, 08:37 AM
There is still some ice at Turtle I'm hearing.

SamSteele
05-12-2020, 08:54 AM
There is still some ice at Turtle I'm hearing.

It looked like a fair bit on the south end last Saturday. It’s been cool and calm since then so I would guess you are right.

tool
05-12-2020, 08:55 AM

Free

Wrong on many levels, there are many lakes in Southern SK besides Diefenbaker and LML. 🙄

There are boat launches open on Diefenbaker now and have been for over a week.

Freedom55
05-13-2020, 04:59 AM
I agree, there are many lakes in south Saskatchewan, the same as there are many lakes in south Alberta. Hardly destination lakes though and better fishing may be available to someone who was inquiring about the south.

Anyone can argue that you know more, or better, so how about you supply some names of open boat launches open before the 19th on Diefenbaker.

Free

tool
05-13-2020, 08:22 AM
I agree, there are many lakes in south Saskatchewan, the same as there are many lakes in south Alberta. Hardly destination lakes though and better fishing may be available to someone who was inquiring about the south.

Anyone can argue that you know more, or better, so how about you supply some names of open boat launches open before the 19th on Diefenbaker.

Free

Rusty’s Coulee and Hitchcock Bay for starters.

7mmremmag
05-14-2020, 07:49 AM
My bad. I was thinking south of 16 not 55. I'm not waiting for Friday. Going in the AM, Thanx

How did you make out?
Ill be at the lake all weekend. Plan on doing lots of fishing if the ice is gone.
My wife showed me pictures from Facebook yesterday, still looked to be a fair amount of ice floating around.

Freedom55
05-15-2020, 06:24 AM
How did you make out?
Ill be at the lake all weekend. Plan on doing lots of fishing if the ice is gone.
My wife showed me pictures from Facebook yesterday, still looked to be a fair amount of ice floating around.

Searched the lake yesterday starting at South bay (new ramp and the dock is positioned to install- maybe today. Hit all my way-points and saw nothing. Water temp at 45F. Three hours of searching brought me to Moonlight Bay- where a crew was busy installing the docks- and found them stacked up, likely in pre-spawn. Sadly, the wind shifted to the north and boat control was difficult. I had a heck of a time making my way back to the south end.

No ice and few dead heads. Good luck, going to be busy.

Free

Freedom55
05-15-2020, 06:41 AM
Rusty’s Coulee and Hitchcock Bay for starters.

Good job in correcting me. In my favor I must ask you to reconsider recommending those two obscure docks that are roughly 6 hours from Rolling Hills, the area of residence for Mr. Christie who had inquired. These in particular have been known to be useless in times of low water and it seems that most times for me the two hour drive to Hitchcock is a wasted trip. I hesitate to tell anyone to drive far to visit these spots. Better to wait a few days and get accommodation and stay a day or two.

A better location if someone was going to drive all day is Estavan and Boundary Lake and rig for bass.

Free

Soab
05-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Rusty's is fine. Checked it out lat night. Will be launching this morning

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Soab
05-15-2020, 07:14 AM
Ferry is suppose to open today also

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Okotok
05-15-2020, 09:56 AM
We were pretty sure our trip to Ena Lake this year would be cancelled and that's been confirmed. It's a fly in operation but supplied out of Uranium City and Stoney Rapids so definitely a no go.

Hoping there can still be a September trip. The fish will have forgotten about hooks by then so it would be some good fishing.

tool
05-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Good job in correcting me. In my favor I must ask you to reconsider recommending those two obscure docks that are roughly 6 hours from Rolling Hills, the area of residence for Mr. Christie who had inquired. These in particular have been known to be useless in times of low water and it seems that most times for me the two hour drive to Hitchcock is a wasted trip. I hesitate to tell anyone to drive far to visit these spots. Better to wait a few days and get accommodation and stay a day or two.

A better location if someone was going to drive all day is Estavan and Boundary Lake and rig for bass.

Free

What on earth are you talking about????

If you are just trying to keep people off “your lake” or something then say so. But stop spreading misinformation!
Rusty’s Coulee is an obscure poor boat launch? Are you for real? It’s the BEST boat launch on Diefenbaker and certainly one of the best on the prairies hands down!
Located on Palliser Provincial Park, Riverhurst SK it is an absolute Gem! If you need other amenities besides, boat launch, fuel, food, fish cleaning shack, pool, golf course, Hotel/motel, hundreds of fully serviced campsites than don’t go to Palliser or Rusty’s Coulee Marina! 🙄
Maybe check out the Riverhurst Walleye tournament sometime when Covid ends? Watch them launch hundred or hundreds? Of boats out of that little obscure marina smoothly and quickly. 😂😂

It also sure isn’t 6 hours from Rolling Hills??

Closest main launch coming from that direction would likely be Sask Landing.
Riverhurst will take you about an hour more. Likely about 4.5 hours from Rolling hills area?
Also, if you go up to Riverhurst right now the water is a lot clearer and the fishing is better from what I’ve been told recently as compared to the Landing.

I fish that’s lake a lot.

Freedom55
05-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Okay, I surrender. You are a lot smarter than me. Now go away and stop being a bother.

Free