PDA

View Full Version : Sonar Rigging - Red Deer Area

Poppa
05-04-2020, 05:31 PM
hey folks -- does anyone know if there's anywhere in central AB (Red Deer -ish) that does sonar rigging? My old Lund came with a really old Humminbird unit that I want removed, and want to install the new Lowrance Elite Ti9 that I bought. I'm not even remotely handy, so I'd rather pay someone to do it properly. I know AB Marine in Nanton does it for about $400 but I'd rather not drive through the heart of Covid Country to get it done. Hoping something around Red Deer might be available.....

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

dodger
05-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Swing by Boatmart in Red Deer.

Dodger.

Poppa
05-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Swing by Boatmart in Red Deer.

Dodger.I emailed and got no answer. It seems they're not open. Do you know more? That's my ideal location as they've done regular work on my boat.

OL_JR
05-04-2020, 07:43 PM
What kind of rigging are you looking for? Just hooking up sonar there are literally two wires and you can't plug them into the wrong spot. One for your transducer and one for power. If you are looking at doing some kind of networking and you have no handiness then ya I can see getting someone to do if for you but to hook up a sonar isn't to tough. Just get the appropriately sized fuse to throw in line with the power cable.

pikeman06
05-04-2020, 07:49 PM
If it's transducer mounting concerns just go on you tube for that particular fish finder. I did my own. if you mount it adjustable you can't go wrong. I got the same finder.

Poppa
05-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Ya, no... I'm less than handy and will **** this up. No thanks. More than worth it, to me, to pay someone to do it right.

Ken H
05-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Ya, no... I'm less than handy and will **** this up. No thanks. More than worth it, to me, to pay someone to do it right.

Boat mart is definitely open. I drive by the store every day going to work.

OL_JR
05-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Fair enough if you are convinced you need someone to do it cant help you as far as suggesting a shop but man I really feel its something anyone can do.

If the transducer mounting is an issue like pikeman suggested just order a transducer mount and glue it on to the transom. Use a real marine adhesive. I did mine with 3m and sika flex. It will not budge and you can mount and re mount transducers as much as your heart desires without compromising your boat in any way.

dodger
05-05-2020, 06:24 AM
I emailed and got no answer. It seems they're not open. Do you know more? That's my ideal location as they've done regular work on my boat.

Phone them. They are getting a little slower with age in there ;) I know from experience that emails are v e r y slow for response.

Dodger.

SamSteele
05-05-2020, 07:34 AM
Check with Willowtrail on here. He’s out of Edmonton but he does some rigging and knows Lowrance stuff.

Willowtrail
05-05-2020, 01:34 PM
I can help you out. I’m on the south side of Edmonton and been home for months and not infected. Feel free to message me if you would like me to do it. Likely less than your quote above too