PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Selling my Warrior Walleye Boat

Dean2
05-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Just curious if anyone has tried selling a mid priced boat in the last short while. With the Alberta economy the way it is and now Covid I am wondering if there is much demand around.

I have a 25 year old V188 twin console Warrior Walleye Boat with a 150 HP Suzuki, an 8 horse trolling motor, minkota bow mount and Lowrance GPS/Sonar. The Warriors are an excellent boat and even as rough as Slave often gets, it handles those big waves just great. The boat has seen very little use over its life time but I always kept it for the one or two trips I got to do every year or two. It has always been stored indoors and room has never been an issue but the last 4 years it hasn't been on the water at all so I decided it is probably time to move it on.

Any suggestions on a good place to sell it, where there might be more demand and any thoughts on what the market is like would be appreciated.

James Henry
05-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Kijiji has always been my "go to".
This is a good time, people are going to wanting to get away from this covid crap. I sold my pickup and camper combo the same day as I advertised it. I had it for 3 years and sold it for a few hundred less than I paid.
Good luck, sounds like a sweet boat for someone,
JH

TROLLER
05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
kijji is good and the market place on face book is very good also

Do not forget to post it on this site. i have sold a number of items on the AO site

SamSteele
05-06-2020, 08:10 PM
FB has a group called Walleye Boats for Sale. Predominantly the US (Michigan, Wisconsin, Dakotas, etc) that has a lot of traffic. You would need to figure out shipping to get it there with the border closed I guess.

Walleye Central has an active boat classified section but you need to pay to post in there.

Remi3006
05-06-2020, 08:27 PM
If it’s not a space/money thing, you could always try the rental game. It’s not a new boat so the risk isn’t as high... I’m sure you would do well on this site alone.

Just a thought.

Walleyedude
05-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Kijiji has been pretty useless to me on the last couple boats I’ve sold. I don’t bother with it anymore. Way too many tire kickers, low ballers and scams.

Facebook pages and bismanonline.com are your best free options. There are several walleye boat specific groups and lots of exposure in AB and SK.

Walleye Central classifieds moves A LOT of boats. It’s well worth the $10 USD.

skidderman
05-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Alberta Townpost, Facebook market place, (might have to sign up for it). Kijiji is a hotbed for scammers but all you need is the right guy. A person I know just sold a pontoon boat in Slave Lake. There has to be some that are still buying or upgrading. You have a good boat and I suspect it should sell well.

Dean2
05-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Appreciate all the information. Lots of good leads on where to post it. Have had this boat since new so as much as I haven't used it, still kind of attached to it. I did put it in the AO buy and sell for now and will post it in a couple of the other places shortly. Based on the info here and my previous experience I think I will skip Kijiji for now and concentrate on the other options. Thanks and any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Mark
05-11-2020, 11:16 AM
I had a 1999 2601 WA Striper to sell and thought is would really difficult to move.
I put in on Kijiji and sold it in less than a week for almost full ask.
Totally shocked, lots of inquires. I'm in AB, but my boat was in BC and sold it remotely BC (with a bit of help from friend in BC).
Thought Covid would make the sale next to impossible, but I was totally wrong.

Just curious if anyone has tried selling a mid priced boat in the last short while. With the Alberta economy the way it is and now Covid I am wondering if there is much demand around.

I have a 25 year old V188 twin console Warrior Walleye Boat with a 150 HP Suzuki, an 8 horse trolling motor, minkota bow mount and Lowrance GPS/Sonar. The Warriors are an excellent boat and even as rough as Slave often gets, it handles those big waves just great. The boat has seen very little use over its life time but I always kept it for the one or two trips I got to do every year or two. It has always been stored indoors and room has never been an issue but the last 4 years it hasn't been on the water at all so I decided it is probably time to move it on.

Any suggestions on a good place to sell it, where there might be more demand and any thoughts on what the market is like would be appreciated.

Dean2
06-15-2020, 02:48 PM
Well, thought I had the boat sold but the fellow that wanted it so bad couldn't seem to come up with the money so instead of waiting past prime selling season I decided to take your guys advice and list it on Kijiji. I also listed it in the buy and sell here on AO. Asking price is $22,500 and it comes with a ton of extras. Thanks for all the input.

Bushleague
06-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Well, thought I had the boat sold but the fellow that wanted it so bad couldn't seem to come up with the money so instead of waiting past prime selling season I decided to take your guys advice and list it on Kijiji. I also listed it in the buy and sell here on AO. Asking price is $22,500 and it comes with a ton of extras. Thanks for all the input.

I've sold a few toys that were collecting dust this spring... my way of thinking is that while its far from prime time for selling, its probably going to get a whole lot worse in the next few months. While a few months back might have been better, I imagine this could be about the best time in the next few years to sell just about anything.

So far I have gotten what I wanted for the stuff I've sold, best of luck to you.

Dean2
06-15-2020, 04:06 PM
I've sold a few toys that were collecting dust this spring... my way of thinking is that while its far from prime time for selling, its probably going to get a whole lot worse in the next few months. While a few months back might have been better, I imagine this could be about the best time in the next few years to sell just about anything.

So far I have gotten what I wanted for the stuff I've sold, best of luck to you.

I agree. I have been selling some higher end guns and u would never know there was any shortage of money around. Stuff is still selling very quickly. Hope the boat does too but if not, no big deal, lots of room to store it.

Walleyedude
06-15-2020, 04:44 PM
As crazy as it would have seemed a couple months ago, the recreational vehicle market - boats, RVs, dirt bikes/quads, etc... has been on fire. Some dealerships are having record sales this year.

Yous should sell that boat no problem, it looks like it's in mint condition and there's a strong market for them used.

Kurt505
06-15-2020, 04:45 PM
Selling your boat...... Have you gone mad???

-JR-
06-15-2020, 05:06 PM

He should sell the wife not the boat !
I have a feeling he goes in his buddies boat .

Coiloil37
06-15-2020, 06:02 PM

Best part of selling a boat is buying the next one. I love my boat but I’m already thinking about an upgrade.

Good luck with your sale.

Dean2
06-16-2020, 11:42 AM
Wanted to say thanks for the help. Put it in Kijiji and AO yesterday afternoon, and Autotrader this morning. I have already had a dozen inquiries. Have one local guy coming to see it tonight and another guy driving out Friday from Saskatoon that has previously owned Warriors and seems dead serious. You guys were certainly right about the amount of interest in toys right now.

Bushleague
06-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Wanted to say thanks for the help. Put it in Kijiji and AO yesterday afternoon, and Autotrader this morning. I have already had a dozen inquiries. Have one local guy coming to see it tonight and another guy driving out Friday from Saskatoon that has previously owned Warriors and seems dead serious. You guys were certainly right about the amount of interest in toys right now.

Ya, I don't quite get it... perhaps guys wanting to buy toys while they still have credit/ money. I don't understand it and its not my game plan by a long shot, but its worked out well for some of us.