PDA

View Full Version : one more day

WayneChristie
05-06-2020, 09:42 PM
and fortunately they changed the forecast to rain. oh well Im dino hunting anyways. Enjoy the opener everyone and stay safe :sHa_shakeshout:

huntsfurfish
05-06-2020, 10:12 PM
Woohoo for May 8:sHa_shakeshout:

michaelmicallef
05-06-2020, 10:48 PM
I’m going fishing to police outpost. I don’t care about the weather either. I can’t take it.

Stump thumper
05-06-2020, 11:11 PM
My son got his first taste of catching a dino last fall, he was 10 at the time, he’s been looking forward to this season ever since. Myself, him and my 9 yr old daughter are going after some dino’s this weekend as well!! When I told my daughter that Friday might be rainy, asked her what she thought about that and there was ZERO hesitation.. “I wanna go dad” she says.. Atta girl!! :sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
05-07-2020, 06:18 AM
they bumped the rain til Saturday now but by Friday it could be August the way they call our weather! :bad_boys_20:

Smoky buck
05-07-2020, 06:54 AM
Best of luck to everyone getting out fishing my season will have a delayed start

Got stuck with 2 weeks quarantine as part of an employment agreement for a new job :sad0147:

58thecat
05-07-2020, 08:52 AM
Best of luck to everyone getting out fishing my season will have a delayed start

Got stuck with 2 weeks quarantine as part of an employment agreement for a new job :sad0147:

Quite the job....draw EI....ohhh it's a new job....ahhhh.....go fishing anyways....but be on the lowwwwwwwww:)

Smoky buck
05-07-2020, 08:59 AM
Quite the job....draw EI....ohhh it's a new job....ahhhh.....go fishing anyways....but be on the lowwwwwwwww:)

It is a sacrifice that will help feed the addiction in the long run so just have to suck it up and deal with it

On a positive this job will give me a good amount of days off to go fishing :sHa_shakeshout:

happyfisher
05-07-2020, 05:03 PM
I wanna go get some sturgeon this year....I have only ever fished them in the hat under the bridge....I think I'm gunna try the forks....I live in calgary...is there a closer spot? I'm not looking for a secret spot....but I wanna take the 13' camper.....I've never been to the forks but I hear there is camping around there....

Or maybe I can fish the oldman for them? Any suggestions would help...dont need a "spot" maybe just direction......

Tnx

Happy

Sidbilly
05-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Got this bad girl on sunday. My first fish of the 2020 season.

Poppa
05-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Most of the stuff in my area opens next weekend, so we're going to go for a drive on Sunday that is a scouting mission to check out boat launches at various lakes and be prepped for a first outing on the 17th, hopefully. Can't wait to get on the water!

WayneChristie
05-08-2020, 02:11 PM

nice fish wish we stayed open all winter here ..

WayneChristie
05-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Most of the stuff in my area opens next weekend, so we're going to go for a drive on Sunday that is a scouting mission to check out boat launches at various lakes and be prepped for a first outing on the 17th, hopefully. Can't wait to get on the water!

was a really long winter for sure. I had to walk a mile in the wind today but well worth it!

58thecat
05-08-2020, 02:23 PM

awesome!!!!!

Poppa
05-09-2020, 09:29 AM
was a really long winter for sure. I had to walk a mile in the wind today but well worth it!hey Wayne, I meant to ask you, since you're a vet of the area...... for Newell...... would my 14' Lund Rebel (full floor...fairly heavy boat, relatively speaking) be okay out there or no? I've been told by some that Newell can get dangerous and anything less than a heavy 16' boat isn't safe. Any thoughts?

WayneChristie
05-09-2020, 06:34 PM
hey Wayne, I meant to ask you, since you're a vet of the area...... for Newell...... would my 14' Lund Rebel (full floor...fairly heavy boat, relatively speaking) be okay out there or no? I've been told by some that Newell can get dangerous and anything less than a heavy 16' boat isn't safe. Any thoughts?

depends on the wind Ive had a 12 footer out and a canoe but not when its windy, it does get pretty crazy sometimes. You dont have to go miles down the lake to catch nice fish

WayneChristie
05-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Hit another river today for day 2. started off a very slow morning with my first river walleye of the season then 5 or 6 silvers and one shorthead. lots of storms coming my way so I left at noon its a long walk to the road. Saw lots of whitetail and a couple beavers plus one rattlesnake in the rain I left her at my fishing spot so everyone stay away :scared0018: the Bow is way down again hopefully this rain will get it going again.