PDA

View Full Version : Fishing partner in boat???

briangeorge
05-08-2020, 09:05 AM
Not sure if this topic has been brought up here or not so I apologize if I am asking a question that has already been answered.
Does anybody know what the rules are going to be regarding having a friend, neighbour or relative in the same boat as the Operator. You can be 6 feet apart in a line up so I'm thinking 2 people in an 18 foot boat should be able to stay 6 feet apart.
Also does anyone know if the launch and docks are in at Pigeon Lake PP.
Thanks.

58thecat
05-08-2020, 09:09 AM
If it's a family member social distancing is not implemented but if it's a buddy etc then I would expect the rules apply as per normal....

Tight lines.....

Smoky buck
05-08-2020, 09:17 AM
If it's a family member social distancing is not implemented but if it's a buddy etc then I would expect the rules apply as per normal....

Tight lines.....

What if it’s your mistress you have not seen since the outbreak :thinking-006:

Clearly asking for a “friend” lol

Osky
05-08-2020, 11:58 AM

Well hey now! Yes inquiring minds want to know?

( and if the pretty Mohican is reading this, i’m Asking for a friend too, honest)

Osky

58thecat
05-08-2020, 01:44 PM

friend request sent...reply recieved...see pic...fishin'buddy!!!!

social distancing "MUST" be part of the outing at all times....

wildcat111
05-08-2020, 02:30 PM
I have asked Fish and Wildlife twice and the Rcmp once and neither could give me a straight up answer.

Buckhead
05-08-2020, 02:41 PM
I would expect social distancing of 2 m or 6 feet would be acceptable.

If you buddy gets closer than the end of your rod tip a quick smack with the end of it would probably be a decent reminder.:)

Stinky Buffalo
05-08-2020, 03:12 PM
I have asked Fish and Wildlife twice and the Rcmp once and neither could give me a straight up answer.

For sure... I was surprised that F&W told my bear hunting partner that it would be okay for us to travel together in the same vehicle. We will be taking separate vehicles anyway, but we thought it prudent to check.

With the flux in the physical distancing standards, it's been difficult for agencies to deliver a consistent message. Something that was not considered acceptable practice yesterday could be considered perfectly fine today.

dustinjoels
05-08-2020, 05:07 PM
Saskatchewan removed restrictions on people from different households in the same boat today.

lonehunter
05-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Not sure if this topic has been brought up here or not so I apologize if I am asking a question that has already been answered.
Does anybody know what the rules are going to be regarding having a friend, neighbour or relative in the same boat as the Operator. You can be 6 feet apart in a line up so I'm thinking 2 people in an 18 foot boat should be able to stay 6 feet apart.
Also does anyone know if the launch and docks are in at Pigeon Lake PP.
Thanks.
Drove by the Pigeon Lake PP today, the dock is not on yet

briangeorge
05-09-2020, 06:52 AM
Thanks to all for the replies. I am surprised that Fish and Game plus RCMP could not give a clear answer.

-JR-
05-09-2020, 07:16 AM
We phoned the RCMP also ,said no law out there for traveling with people out side the family home.....but yet I hear rumours people are getting $1000 finds ??

Smoky buck
05-09-2020, 07:23 AM
We phoned the RCMP also ,said no law out there for traveling with people out side the family home.....but yet I hear rumours people are getting $1000 finds ??

2m is basically impossible in a truck or car but doable in boats this might be a deciding factor in the ticket

But this is just my opinion not the RCMPs

dodger
05-09-2020, 03:42 PM
After seeing all the crowded boats fishing today i guess social distancing is a no go. I guess its time to do the herd immunity thing??

Caught some nice Pike/Walleye in 5' of water today.

Dodger.

trophyhunter
05-10-2020, 07:30 AM
friend request sent...reply recieved...see pic...fishin'buddy!!!!

social distancing "MUST" be part of the outing at all times....

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNAPFisher
05-10-2020, 07:36 AM
After seeing all the crowded boats fishing today i guess social distancing is a no go. I guess its time to do the herd immunity thing??

Caught some nice Pike/Walleye in 5' of water today.

Dodger.

No surprise.

I was out here and saw families in same boat, just fine. I did see two buddies fishing together in separate boats. That was cool! I'm assuming they may have been in the same boat normally.

That said, there is likely 0% chance of any real social distancing on an 18 foot boat. Some may do it successfully but most will fail. So in the end it is up to you on whatever risk you want to take. Just don't kid yourself or anyone that the length of a boat will make a big difference.

michaelmicallef
05-10-2020, 08:42 AM
The wind messed with my disguise. Lost my wife wig and try and keep those fake boobs in place in the boat was a pain. Lol