PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for the open water

Sledhead71
05-08-2020, 03:04 PM
My best friend and fishing partner is waiting to hit the water. Got the batteries in the boat and threw her in the water to check for leaks. My GSP was ecstatic to join even just to get away for the afternoon.

Poppa
05-09-2020, 09:31 AM
Cripes that is a dream rig, right there! I'm on my first ever boat.... a 98 Lund Rebel....... but hope to get up to that level before too long!

Enjoy open water, everyone!

lonehunter
05-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Cant wait to start the season from pigeon lake, my rig is ready, pigeon lake, prince rupert, port hardy, lake Minnewanka, cold lake, big list for this season....

barbless
05-09-2020, 01:37 PM
My best friend and fishing partner is waiting to hit the water. Got the batteries in the boat and threw her in the water to check for leaks. My GSP was ecstatic to join even just to get away for the afternoon.

Nice set-up for sure. I'm guessing :thinking-006: your fishing partner is under the age of 16 so don't need a fishing licence ha ha. You two go get em and enjoy

58thecat
05-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Cant wait to start the season from pigeon lake, my rig is ready, pigeon lake, prince rupert, port hardy, lake Minnewanka, cold lake, big list for this season....

tooooo small for cold lake....rethink your plans.:)

:scared:

TROLLER
05-10-2020, 09:13 AM

I think I just heard my boat whispering that's what I want to be when I grow up.:)

Jigsalot
05-10-2020, 09:35 AM

Nice. I would stay in Alberta for this season. Talked to family last night and Alberta plates are targeted. That really sucks because I will need to go there and check my rental property this June and do some fly fishing. I hate this covid :angry3:

thorne
05-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Yep agree with staying close to home this year...waayyy to many *ucktards out there that will see you are from AB and as soon as your back is turned, your vehicle, boat, what ever is going to get targeted...Already canceled my BC trips, and one to the East coast. Was gonna be the year I hit both coasts in the same year, but I'll hold off. Hanging low for one season won't be the end of things...just not worth the risk. The risk being a Covid fearing fanatic...not the virus...

lonehunter
05-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Yep agree with staying close to home this year...waayyy to many *ucktards out there that will see you are from AB and as soon as your back is turned, your vehicle, boat, what ever is going to get targeted...Already canceled my BC trips, and one to the East coast. Was gonna be the year I hit both coasts in the same year, but I'll hold off. Hanging low for one season won't be the end of things...just not worth the risk. The risk being a Covid fearing fanatic...not the virus...

That's scary.... I will wait and see how thing go in coming weeks, already booked campsite in port Edward for last week of may, now I heard first nations are gonna block the highway from terrace to prince rupert.... that sucks, I may have change the plans