PDA

View Full Version : Brule Lake

hauchk
05-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Hello Alberta Outdoorsman Folks
Does anyone know if there are fish in Brule Lake?
Any info greatly sppreciated
Thanks

flyrodfisher
05-08-2020, 10:57 PM
Which Brule lake?
Alberta, BC, Ontario

Bushleague
05-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Which Brule lake?
Alberta, BC, Ontario

Given the name of the forum I'll take a real wild guess he's asking about the one in Alberta :thinking-006:

coachman
05-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Brule Lake that is part of the Athabasca River?

SNAPFisher
05-10-2020, 07:40 AM
Given the name of the forum I'll take a real wild guess he's asking about the one in Alberta :thinking-006:

No doubt. And, there is very little anywhere about it. Just did a search. It is a good question and I know next to nothing about Brule lake. Other than I like the area!

dave99
05-10-2020, 09:51 AM
I think that it is very shallow, much like Jasper lake. I am by no means an authority on the subject though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutbug
05-10-2020, 09:59 AM
It is very shallow (I live close to it), there can be fish in it but I would not spend a day fishing it. You are better off fishing the river directly before and after the lake

SNAPFisher
05-10-2020, 10:20 AM
It is very shallow (I live close to it), there can be fish in it but I would not spend a day fishing it. You are better off fishing the river directly before and after the lake

Yeah, that is what I was wondering. Thanks for the great info.

flyrodfisher
05-10-2020, 06:06 PM

Might be a good guess....or just a bad guess.

I see at least 2 posts on the first page here about salmon fishing, one on the Tree river and one on Prince Rupert....yeah, all in Alberta.

Either way....2 days later...crickets from the OP.
Maybe he is still trying to find out which Brule lake....

SNAPFisher
05-10-2020, 06:39 PM
Either way....2 days later...crickets from the OP.
Maybe he is still trying to find out which Brule lake....

Lol, classic! Need some laughs :)

coachman
05-10-2020, 09:36 PM
The lake is a narrow channel of the river for most of the year. When the water volume goes up if spreads out over the sand flats.A friend of mine took the wife and some friends for a boat ride up there on the August long weekend and stopped to take a picture. The boat stayed there overnight and while in to the next day, in the middle of the river. The wife and 2 of my friends walked to Swan landing never in water more than a foot deep. There are back waters to the lake that some time have nice fish in them and there is a creek mouth just at the end of it that I have pulled big fish out of, but that was in the 80's