PDA

View Full Version : Cataract Creek fishing yesterday

calgarygringo
07-31-2009, 07:44 AM
We did our trek to the mountains to Cataract Creek yesterday with the Ken, Jeff, Andy, and Dustin. Weather was great, scenery was to die for, saw lots of deer, a moose on the side, Jeff had a closer encounter in the bush with one, and lots of Brookies. No monsters but lots of them on flies and spinners. We walked many miles up the Creek and I think Dustin may have gone half way back to Calgary. Just a note that there is a warm water stream advisory out there but definitely no issue here. Water was pretty cold standing in bare legs for too long. Not a problem for anyone that wants to mountain fish over the long weekend. A great time with the board group again. Thanks to you other guys for making a fun day in the bush.

Ken

fishead
07-31-2009, 08:16 AM
I was at the up there yesterday as well, that is beautiful country up there.

jodycanfish
07-31-2009, 08:34 AM
We did our trek to the mountains to Cataract Creek yesterday with the Ken, Jeff, Andy, and Dustin. Weather was great, scenery was to die for, saw lots of deer, a moose on the side, Jeff had a closer encounter in the bush with one, and lots of Brookies. No monsters but lots of them on flies and spinners. We walked many miles up the Creek and I think Dustin may have gone half way back to Calgary. Just a note that there is a warm water stream advisory out there but definitely no issue here. Water was pretty cold standing in bare legs for too long. Not a problem for anyone that wants to mountain fish over the long weekend. A great time with the board group again. Thanks to you other guys for making a fun day in the bush.

KenI am glad you guys had a great time.I am headed out today to Caroline first then Rocky but I am going to try Cataract definately when I get back from holidays.Talk to you in 2 weeks.CHEERS JODY

flygirrl
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I am glad you guys had a great time.I am headed out today to Caroline first then Rocky but I am going to try Cataract definately when I get back from holidays.Talk to you in 2 weeks.CHEERS JODY

Hey Jodycanfish, If your up this way and get out to the forestry trunk road the beavers have damed off part of Elk creek, was there yesterday and had a blast catching Bull and Brook trout. Never did get very far into the beaver dam as it started to rain heavy but it was fun anyway.

lucky_magic_stick
07-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey Calgary, thanks for taking my father out fishing.. hopefully he wasn't too much of a hassel. My dad had a great time!! I wish i didn't have physio and would have been able to go. Thanks again tho, now lets see some pictures :P

calgarygringo
07-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Actually there are a few pics on JTS1 camera. I have only seen them on the preview screen and he was moving today so may be a while before the evidence is shown. Your dad was fun by the way he can join anytime.....Send him a pm and maybe he can get them to you.
Ken

jts1
08-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Isure do have a few pics. Got everything in the new place. Guess I'm an adrie'er?? Anyways I will be sure to have some pics up. Check back tomorrow night. I had a good time with you guys. Next time its chin for some big eyes and pike

tonyflyfish
08-04-2009, 12:56 AM
at Cataract and fished there, Livingstone, Everington, Highwood and Bear Lake on the way back. Ended up at hospital in Okotoks with allergy and infection to wasp bite on the Highwood. It was all worth it-great part of the Province