PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get my walleye tags this year?

HyperMOA
05-12-2020, 06:46 PM
I have always gone and bought my tags at cabela’s. Never gave it much thought, but I will need them by the weekend. I haven’t checked myself, but wasn’t cabelas and the fishing hole closed? Canadian tire stopped selling licenses I believe. Where can I get my physical tags this year of the Covid? Am I out of luck for this weekend and have to wait for them to arrive by mail?

Thanks in advance.

Jigsalot
05-12-2020, 06:57 PM
I have always gone and bought my tags at cabela’s. Never gave it much thought, but I will need them by the weekend. I haven’t checked myself, but wasn’t cabelas and the fishing hole closed? Canadian tire stopped selling licenses I believe. Where can I get my physical tags this year of the Covid? Am I out of luck for this weekend and have to wait for them to arrive by mail?

Thanks in advance.

Fishing hole is open again I hear. Maybe call to make sure. I’m going this Friday if they are open. Good place to get your tags and I didn’t know CAN tire stopped selling fishing licenses

HyperMOA
05-12-2020, 07:17 PM
Fishing hole is open again I hear. Maybe call to make sure. I’m going this Friday if they are open. Good place to get your tags and I didn’t know CAN tire stopped selling fishing licenses

I don’t think they stopped selling licenses, but they didn’t have tags or something. I could be totally mistaken. Possibly they just ran out last year. If fishing hole is reopened cabelas likely is too. I’ll call tomorrow.

Parker Hale
05-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Bought my license at Canadian Tire last Saturday.

Stump thumper
05-12-2020, 07:46 PM
Not sure about Edmonton, but Cabelas in Calgary has not closed at all during covid. I was there last week

SNAPFisher
05-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Not sure about Edmonton, but Cabelas in Calgary has not closed at all during covid. I was there last week

Same in Edmonton. Not sure where the idea came up that it was closed.

Big Racks
05-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Same in Edmonton. Not sure where the idea came up that it was closed.

I assumed it was as well. If TFH is open I know where I'm headed. If not, Cabelas I guess.

OL_JR
05-12-2020, 09:02 PM
For the future and just a suggestion it's super easy to order blank tags online through Albertarelm and have them handy. I think I ordered 20 or something like that last time and they come fairly quick. Used some last fall and than just this past week to grab some undersubscribed walleye tags. If you need something in a pinch it's a matter of a few minutes online and you're set as long as you have blank tags handy and a printer to print the licence.

ghostguy6
05-12-2020, 09:26 PM
If you cant get some tags before you trip I have some blanks you can have. Pick up in Sherwood Park. Just PM me if you need them.

briangeorge
05-13-2020, 05:53 AM
I am assuming that you got drawn for Tags?? If so You can buy them at Freeson Brothers Grocery Stores and also at Canadian Tire. I bought my A tags at Fresson Brothers in Stony Plain.

waterman73
05-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Picked up my licence and tags at Canadian Tire in Sherwood Park Saturday.

wildwoods
05-13-2020, 08:46 AM
If you cant get some tags before you trip I have some blanks you can have. Pick up in Sherwood Park. Just PM me if you need them.

Great job man. That’s what it’s all about!

HyperMOA
05-15-2020, 02:46 PM

Outstanding!!!

I did manage to get tags this afternoon. I appreciate the offer though.

WinefredCommander
05-15-2020, 03:09 PM
Any Husky Gas

Jigsalot
05-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Any Husky Gas

The one in Beaumont does not

7magtime
05-15-2020, 10:30 PM
Picked up our licences at Canadian Tire in Sherwood Park today, first I heard that Canadian Tire might not be selling them this year?

ghostguy6
05-15-2020, 11:54 PM
Picked up our licences at Canadian Tire in Sherwood Park today, first I heard that Canadian Tire might not be selling them this year?

I know they complain if you simply ask them for blank tags without buying a license from them. Actually one year they refused to give me a paper copy of the regs because I bought my licenses online. This was at the Wye Road location. I cant comment on the one.

Anyways glad the OP found some.