PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fished McGregor or Travers Lately ??

floppychicken
07-31-2009, 12:57 PM
How's the fishing ?

Anyone fished much below the North Bay at McGregor Lake ?
I would like to take the new Rig down to the end of the lake... Is there any Underwater HAZARDS that I should know about on McGregor ?

Cheers, :)

/FC...

AlbertaOutdoorsmen19
07-31-2009, 01:10 PM
i was out at travers last week and it was very slow. Caught a lot of small guys and 2 keepers. Have yet to fish McGregor

Rick.
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Fished Mcgregor last Monday and had good luck just trolling baits. Landed both walleye and pike. I don't know the specific area you mentioned. We were at the Milo launch and fished across the lake from the launch near the weeds. Rick.

northshore71
08-01-2009, 07:56 PM
McGregor is better than a few places (such as Crawling Valley or Pine Coulee) when it comes to hazards imo. Been down to the south end quite a few times,its actually usually calmer down there as well,bit higher banks around and narrower to block the wind. Gets a bit shallow and weedy near the bridge but not bad in the center.Hope that helps.

driverlong
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Just got back from a weeks holidays at McGregor, fishig was good in the ams, and after 7 ish. Went out a bit in the afternoons to kill some time, caught a couple but nothing to speak of. No problems on the south side, and did manage a triple play Thursday am, Pike, Walleye , and my first Rainbow out of Mcgregor.

floppychicken
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Just got back from a weeks holidays at McGregor, fishig was good in the ams, and after 7 ish. Went out a bit in the afternoons to kill some time, caught a couple but nothing to speak of. No problems on the south side, and did manage a triple play Thursday am, Pike, Walleye , and my first Rainbow out of Mcgregor.

Wow,

A RAINBOW ! That's pretty cool... I've never caught anything but Walleye and Pike in that lake. Mind you, that's what I target, but still,... a Trout is a Trout ! Pretty cool.

Cheers,

/FC...

WayneChristie
08-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Ive seen some big rainbow caught off the dam by the campground, they come in from the Bow. caught on pike size red and whites