PDA

View Full Version : Siebert Lake

LiegeRiver
05-14-2020, 03:51 PM
Anyone heading up to Siebert around mid June? The lady and I both have tags this year, looking at going up for a weekend.

LR

buckbrushoutdoors
05-15-2020, 02:23 PM
If time allows, Maybe we will meet you up there Gord.

LiegeRiver
06-09-2020, 09:22 AM
So with all the rain in the Lac la Biche area, does anyone know what the road into Seibert Lake is like ? Supposed to go up on the weekend, but....

LR

jkbloom
06-09-2020, 10:25 AM
So with all the rain in the Lac la Biche area, does anyone know what the road into Seibert Lake is like ? Supposed to go up on the weekend, but....

LR

It is very wet right now, I will be in again on Thursday unless work comes in, I will post road conditions here

SNAPFisher
06-09-2020, 03:57 PM
It is very wet right now, I will be in again on Thursday unless work comes in, I will post road conditions here

Good luck! Hope it is passable. At least that road is 100x better nowadays.

pikeman06
06-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Haven't been there for years but lived in bonnyville 20 years ago and we fished the hell out of those lakes. Back then we traveled in pairs and 12 ft aluminum in the back of a chevy 4x4 was the only option in the warm months. We never bothered fishing Seibert in the summer. Big pike were everywhere up that way back then till they started that over 63 cm b.s. nobody kept the monsters even tho we were allowed to. What do you think made all the young ones? Us dumbies knew that and we weren't even biologists. 3 to 8 lb pike was all we ever wanted to eat. Our grandparents pounded that into our heads. No stocking back then or now.

schleprock
06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
This area just had 7 inches of rain in the last week and the rivers are overflowing their banks. You might want to postpone your trip for a bit.

Grayling1
06-10-2020, 07:10 AM
The Sand River on highway 55 has flooded its banks and their is high water everywhere in that area, although the road into Wolf Lake is passable.

LiegeRiver
06-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Well, we did make it into Seibert with no problems. I did check the Lakeland web site, and we ended up just camping at Bonnyville, and did a day trip to Seibert, followed by a day on Moose Lake. The road was passable, although the last little bit into the lake was water damaged. Windy conditions, but once on the lake, we started catching fish in short order. We fished for about 4 - 4 1/2 hours, and caught our six walleyes between 43 - 50 cm's. We caught a few small pike, and a couple of smaller walleyes. We were just trolling at about 2 mph, and using medium sized Rapala Clackin' Raps in a Perch pattern. No issues putting in, or getting out....gf's first time driving the boat on and off the trailer. It was a great day.