PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Reservoir

Hooker
07-31-2009, 04:33 PM
I am hoping to get out to Crawling Valley sometime next week. I was wondering what the weed growth was like out there with all this hot weather. I suspect that trolling through the channels is almost impossible? Any info would be appreciated.

Hooker
08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, I made it out to C.V. this Wednesday. We found the weeds have really grown in the past three weeks but the water clarity is still quite good. The weather was great so we have no complaints there. We did find the fishing to be quite slow. We only managed four fish each. None of the Pike were keepers although one was close. We caught five Walleye. What was surprising with the Walleye was that they were all caught in shallow water close to weed beds. You could see where they were feeding by watching the minnows jumping out of the water to escape them. The larges of the Walleye was a six pounder. All were caught on a Rapala jerk bate with the 'fire tiger' coloration. We fished it with a quick jerk and then let it settle for a two count. If a thunder storm hadn't started to approach we would have gone back to the Pike holes and tried it on them.