PDA

View Full Version : Covid rules for fishing in the same boat

kra176
05-21-2020, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know if you are allowed to fish in the same boat with someone who does not live in the same household ? Do the 2 meter rules still apply? It’s not clear from the alberta website

Who Da Fisherman
05-21-2020, 01:12 PM
The 2m social distancing rules apply to everything unless you are an essential worker where you "try" to maintain the 2m distance when you can.
Tight lines,
WDF

58thecat
05-21-2020, 01:13 PM
for your health and your partners safety then anyone afterwards you come in contact with social distancing still applies.

you don't need a LEO to explain that to you...be safe and stay healthy.

-JR-
05-21-2020, 05:07 PM
If you are doing a day trip you should be 2 meters apart . so you will need a big boat But i thing if you are traveling with some some for 2 weeks and camping together I consider that being in the same house hold.

abhunter8
05-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Considering the gov’t allows outdoor gatherings of up to 15 people for a while now, I don’t think 2 or 4 people being in a boat are of any concern to anyone. This past weekend at Seba beach, while walking around there were many cabins with visible gatherings of at least 15 people with no social distancing, while RCMP and local law enforcement were driving everywhere, so I wouldn’t be concerned. Have fun fishing!

Gerry
05-22-2020, 08:15 AM
I talked with Alberta Realm about this and they said no problem, go ahead

58thecat
05-22-2020, 08:44 AM

As long as you are 6' apart....even with our so called gathering we still need to maintain the recommended distance....or now I hear like in public transit to wear a mask.....hmmmmm.....:scared0015:

MathewsArcher
05-22-2020, 01:51 PM

Not the response I received from Minister Nixon's office. Social distancing still needs to be adhered to. Went anyways.

Poppa
05-22-2020, 03:04 PM
100%, social distancing needs to happen...minimum 6-feet between anyone that doesn't live in the same home. That's a thing everyone needs to get used to, because it's going to be a part of our lives for a long LONG time.....

RACKER
05-22-2020, 05:00 PM
I think we all are getting too wound up over this issue. As long as there isn’t 6 people from all different families together on a 14 ft boat there shouldn’t be a problem. If 2 people that are familiar with each other and their health what’s the big deal to be on a boat. I can’t see a bunch strangers going out together in a boat.

HuyFishin
05-22-2020, 05:00 PM
Everone change all your addresses to one location and lets all have a big party boat hahaha JK

Smoky buck
05-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Everone change all your addresses to one location and lets all have a big party boat hahaha JK

I am in where am I sending my junk mail :happy0034:

old dog
05-22-2020, 06:51 PM
Just go fishing and enjoy.

barbless
05-22-2020, 07:01 PM
Wear gloves and masks, if so desired to be kept in fear. My net can extent to about 7ft. at least. My boat is 17 ft. I don't see a problem. My motor home is 26 ft. We can sit on opposite sides of the fire. Don't share drinks. Have your own tub of minnows or worms. Come back to the real reality and stop being fear mongered. Do what you do and I will also. I'm going fishing.
Those damn voices inside my head keep telling me to go fishing
and if I don't, they won't stop .............
Oh ya so called social distancing in a campground is easy for me to do. My site stay out. Simple. Talk from the road. Or just wave. This has gone just too far. I am self sufficient I don't need power or toilets or playgrounds. The water is my playground.

SNAPFisher
05-23-2020, 08:39 AM
Wear gloves and masks, if so desired to be kept in fear. My net can extent to about 7ft. at least. My boat is 17 ft. I don't see a problem. My motor home is 26 ft. We can sit on opposite sides of the fire. Don't share drinks. Have your own tub of minnows or worms. Come back to the real reality and stop being fear mongered. Do what you do and I will also. I'm going fishing.
Those damn voices inside my head keep telling me to go fishing
and if I don't, they won't stop .............
Oh ya so called social distancing in a campground is easy for me to do. My site stay out. Simple. Talk from the road. Or just wave. This has gone just too far. I am self sufficient I don't need power or toilets or playgrounds. The water is my playground.

Great post! Did you steal my setup? :)

bessiedog
05-23-2020, 08:46 AM
I heard from a guy that all fishing people must have at least a 4 foot plexiglass barrier installed on the boat (7fert if you wish to stand in said boat) that fully partitions you and your fishing partner. These partitions must be removable because the Department if highways considers them too dangerous to transport if attached to your boat.

You will not be allowed to fish lakes if you do not have this with you.

Better stay home.

;)

Smoky buck
05-23-2020, 09:16 AM
What if you just drag your fishing partner behind your boat in a float tube or dingy? :thinking-006:

deschambault
05-23-2020, 09:19 AM
That may work provided you sanitize the pull rope.

barbless
05-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Great post! Did you steal my setup? :)

Guess we have similar taste's. :sHa_shakeshout:
I have a full windshield and can open or close it. Keep my buddy up front with the window closed and can put in a pedestal swivel seat on the deck. :sHa_sarcasticlol: No need for plexiglass partition.

abhunter8
05-23-2020, 11:45 AM
100%, social distancing needs to happen...minimum 6-feet between anyone that doesn't live in the same home. That's a thing everyone needs to get used to, because it's going to be a part of our lives for a long LONG time.....

Nope!

blgoodbrand1
05-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Nope!

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk