PDA

View Full Version : patience

WayneChristie
05-24-2020, 07:05 PM
I got to hit the river Friday in a friends boat, he managed a small dino just as we were quitting. I went the whole day without a single bite I could see. Hit one of the same spots from shore today, 4 bites in 10 hours. But, they were the good bites :sHa_shakeshout: River was up 4 or 5 feet from Friday bank high so I managed to lose number 4 in the willows, was only a little 4 footer anyways. Had a size 5 circle hook on, thats the second dino circles have cost me the past couple weeks now so Im done with them for sturgeon. Caught a 40 a 48 and a 52 incher not bad and all 3 got some decent airtime. the biggest actually jumped and a second sturgeon came out same time side by side, I wasnt sure which even had my hook in it! Flooded everything makes for some interesting fights when they get in close then make a full power run down the shoreline! They certainly know how to get rid of a hook! One was freshly spawned, big scrapes on both sides of its head.

Zip-in-Z
05-24-2020, 08:53 PM
Tks for the details, had to look twice at your pic's to see the scrapes, so that as a result of spawning, interesting. High water means big fish active, all the best over the next week, hope it lasts.

D.