PDA

View Full Version : 2020 SAWT Tourneys! SPREAD THE WORD!

npauls
05-26-2020, 03:46 PM
Everyone spread the word
SAWT is being approved for a June 13-14 walleye tourney at 40 Mile res.
&
Sept. 5-6 walleye tourney at St. Mary's res.

$350 entry fee per team
$100 per team bonus pool
$20 per team big fish pool
$20 per angler for SAWT Membership fee.

Poppa
05-26-2020, 04:32 PM
I apologize for the ignorant question, but where's 40 Mile Reservoir? I tried Google mapping it but didn't get anything. I have never tournament fished, but now that I have a boat, it might be something my cousin and I get into. Nothing better than fishing for trophy walleyes (except fishing for trophy bass, but I digress....)

*edit*

Found it...thanks.

Wes_G
05-26-2020, 11:45 PM
Sept 5 and 6th on St. Mary's! That's optimistic! I am not sure when the last time was that the launches weren't 50' away from the water's edge at that time of year!

I thought the SAWT finally had it figured out to have there tournaments all before the middle of July for the reason listed above.

npauls
05-27-2020, 08:16 AM
Sept 5 and 6th on St. Mary's! That's optimistic! I am not sure when the last time was that the launches weren't 50' away from the water's edge at that time of year!

I thought the SAWT finally had it figured out to have there tournaments all before the middle of July for the reason listed above.

These dates and lakes have nothing to do with the SAWT deciding. They asked about permits and these are the 2 options they were given. So they jumped on the opportunity and are going to do their best to make them happen.

TROLLER
05-27-2020, 09:20 AM

Neighbor fished it Sunday spill way running full steam lake is quite full. No issue launching boat.

npauls
05-27-2020, 03:30 PM
I just spoke with Brian eberts again. He is currently waiting on 40 mile park to approve his Covid plan to host the tourney.
It sounds like they may want him to move the tourney back 1 weekend to June 20th-21st.

As soon as he hears back from the park he will have all the info up on the SAWT facebook page and website.

darrell f
05-27-2020, 10:41 PM
There is ZERO chance that St Marys will happen on those dates. In the recent years there has been NO water in there after early to mid July.

npauls
05-28-2020, 08:30 AM
There is ZERO chance that St Marys will happen on those dates. In the recent years there has been NO water in there after early to mid July.

It depends on if they are done working on the dam. The reason it was dropped so low was because they had a bunch of work to get done on the whole dam.

npauls
05-28-2020, 12:25 PM
Everyone spread the word
SAWT is being approved for a June 20-21 walleye tourney at 40 Mile res.
&
Sept. 5-6 walleye tourney at St. Mary's res. With a possibility of moving to another lake if water levels are too low.

$350 entry fee per team
$100 per team bonus pool
$20 per team big fish pool
$20 per angler for SAWT Membership fee.

Things have been updated and it was confirmed this morning that 40 mile park is allowing us to host a walleye tourney June 20-21.
Brian has sent away for the permits and should have them early next week. He will post all the rules and registration information online once he has the permits in hand.
He is still working on the campsite situation. He is talkig with them to see if we are able to get a bunch of sites set aside or if they are even going to allow camping.
Once he receives that information he post online how you are able to book a campsite.

Also if you look the fall tourney has been updated and we will be allowed to fish a different lake if water levels are too low to fish St.Mary.

Wes_G
05-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Neighbor fished it Sunday spill way running full steam lake is quite full. No issue launching boat.

Last sunday was not Sept 5th and 6th. I am not sure when the last time was the St. Mary's actually had enough water to have a useable boat launch on that date. Once irrigation withdrawn exceeds the amount coming in, that lake starts to drop real fast and is usually one of the first ones that will be to low to put a boat into.

Regardless, best of luck and I hope there is sufficient water for the tournament to go ahead.