PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday fish

WayneChristie
06-02-2020, 10:13 PM
Thought Id give my usual sturgeon hole a go this morning, every few minutes I could have built a dino from all the crap ending up wrapped on my line so I decided to go kill something again :sHa_shakeshout: Started off tossing an old herring in the river, and got a nice pike pretty much right away. Definitely recovering from the spawn, her chin was bare meat from bashing bottom. still a nice looking river monster, and then I rigged for carp. managed to haul in maybe 14 or 15 suckers, all but one Shorthead redhorse the rest were Silver redhorse. Saw a bunch of carp but they were very spooky, I caught 3 on the ice rod and managed to get an arrow across the spot to stick another one. I dont know which of us was more surprised that I hit it perfectly, maybe me! not bad for an old half blind dude. Bow rose a lot while I was fishing, between a foot and 2 feet, not as many whole trees coming down as the Oldman, I even heard one there grinding down the shoreline, weird sound that was! Lots of fun catching big suckers on a small hook and a small rod, they sure scrap good!

marlin1
06-02-2020, 11:34 PM
nice shot on the carp

slingshotz
06-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Nice arrow shot!

I found a small pod of those carp near the river in a back channel, been wanting to get back there with my bow to try and clean them out and get some practice in at the same time, just need the river to clear back up a bit.

WayneChristie
06-04-2020, 09:49 AM
Nice arrow shot!

I found a small pod of those carp near the river in a back channel, been wanting to get back there with my bow to try and clean them out and get some practice in at the same time, just need the river to clear back up a bit.

they are really spooky after the first shot, Im thinking I should wear my camo suit and maybe get a few more.

goku88
06-07-2020, 11:36 PM
they are really spooky after the first shot, Im thinking I should wear my camo suit and maybe get a few more.
what river is that i would like to get rid of them carp too.rod and reel though

WayneChristie
06-08-2020, 08:07 AM
what river is that i would like to get rid of them carp too.rod and reel though

unfortunately they are in pretty much all our flowing waters, at least down south. this is the Bow. they are also in most of the southern lakes from what I hear. I know they are in Newell for sure and all the lakes it feeds