PDA

View Full Version : What colour is the bow river?

archerynut
06-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Hey board members! I was thinking of heading down for a cast or three and just was wondering about the water clarity? I usually start at the centre street bridge and work down to the zoo. Thanks fellas!

nick0danger
06-04-2020, 02:43 PM
You ever see willy wonka and the chocolate factory? It looks just like the chocolate milk river in willy wonka's factory!

Penner
06-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Just getting into the run-off now, rain isn't helping. Handful of weeks and she should clear up subject to weather.

Guy can get into some bruisers along the banks during high water.

archerynut
06-04-2020, 03:25 PM
I had a close encounter years ago. Just downstream maybe 200 yards from the centre street bridge I was casting a buzz bomb tight to shore. Saw only the back and dorsal fin of something very and I mean VERY large. Coulda been a pike or brown. Came over on top of my buzz bomb about a foot from shore like a humpback whale. Spooled me completely. Like hardly a wrap of line left on my reel. Just awesome.

Thanks for the clarity report. Unlike others high water doesn't turn me off much. I'll probably head down tomorrow afternoon and see what happens.

CardiacCowboy
06-04-2020, 03:28 PM
You can add 4 lbs to any fish you catch right now with the high flows.

walking buffalo
06-04-2020, 03:32 PM
I had a close encounter years ago. Just downstream maybe 200 yards from the centre street bridge I was casting a buzz bomb tight to shore. Saw only the back and dorsal fin of something very and I mean VERY large. Coulda been a pike or brown. Came over on top of my buzz bomb about a foot from shore like a humpback whale. Spooled me completely. Like hardly a wrap of line left on my reel. Just awesome.

Thanks for the clarity report. Unlike others high water doesn't turn me off much. I'll probably head down tomorrow afternoon and see what happens.

Many of my best days on the Bow have been walking the banks during peak high water.
Those big fish are right tight against the bank, or in the flooded grass.

barbless
06-04-2020, 04:52 PM
I'm sure you are a seasoned fisherman and know your way around the banks of the river. I"m just going to suggest maybe wear an auto inflate life vest just in case you make a miss step. They are comfy and flat and not get in the way for casting. I do with high water bank fishing and consider myself a decent swimmer. That Bow is fast at the best of times. Been in it and tough to get out depends where you are. Only a thought be safe and catch some fun.