PDA

View Full Version : Pike

WayneChristie
08-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Decided after the big storm last night to stick to a smaller reservoir with the canoe, went for a good long paddle to do some exploring, since there are about 4 or 5 attached where I went. 15 minutes from home. One tired shoulder, a lot of sun, and 7 crazy pike. Never seen them so hungry, every one took my lure deep, and a couple took it as I was lifting it out of the water to recast. If Id stayed in the one spot instead of wandering I would have gotten 20 easy. 6 pounds and down to 3, but full of fight and a ton of fun to catch, Im becoming a huge fan of the braided line, they all felt much bigger. Had a lot attack my lures right on the surface, including jumping right out of the water on top of it. Lost about 6 more wildeye tails, but also caught some on the one I rigged up with a double twister tail. guess I will do the rest of them like that, since I now have around 30 of them with no tails. the rest are getting stinger hooks, thats a lot of missed fish! made for a great day of fishing! now for tomorrow :D the Bow looked pretty clear when I drove over it, and the level is up a bit, so maybe the forks tomorrow, or maybe back to those crazy pike for a rematch.

flygirrl
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Good fishing wayne, I was heading out to Cow Lake this afternoon to cast a Fly over the pike there but those big black clouds put the damper on that. Maybe some eve this week I will be able to get there, will let you know how I made out.I bought some new Pike Flies and am dying to try them. TTYL