PDA

View Full Version : NSR, Devils, Vinca Bridge. ponds newbie

srin50
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new but have posted once or twice. I stopped fishing a few years ago after my husband died and I sold my cabin at Island Lake.:(

Now I am starting again and really could use some advise. I don't expect anyone to give me their favorite fishing spots...just a little help.

Right now I am relegated to shore fishing. I live in Gibbons, so I am interested in the NSR, ( where and what kind of hook to start with ) which I have never fished in before. Or a lake that is close ( Half Moon by Opal ) .or maybe out toward Devils lake, or how about Long Lake??

I have fished in the trout ponds, does anyone eat any of the fish out of ponds.??? what about aereated ones ??

I would like to go camping and fish somewhere close...and also be able to just hop in the car after work and head out for an hour or two.

My husband is from Texas....so he doens't have a clue about fishing here either.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you everyone in advance :D

bigrfish
08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I wish I could offer up some great spots for ya but unfortunately the water levels are kinda low right now on the NSR.I just dropped a line in at the Wasketenau bridge and didn't even catch a goldeye.I'm not saying they aren't there but the fishing has been kinda slow for sure.As for fishing from shore your best bet is to find some deeper water and throw in a walleye rig tipped with worms or minnows.There are some places around Fort Saskatchewan that you can get down to the water and I'm sure that there are alot of other memebers who would be willing to offer up some help.
Sorry, I wish I could have helped you guys out a little more.Good luck and happy fishing

srin50
08-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks very much I appreciate any advise at all...bank/shore fishing is new to me.

stuartmcgrandle
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM
as soon as you cross the wasketenau bridge(going north), head east between the tree line and the farmers field there, about 500m, and break sticks down to the river and me and my buddy Paul used to catch tons of goldeye there and some walleye still fishing

chrispee
08-03-2009, 10:29 AM
here's a map of some of my NSR fising spots....

Pickerel rig with a fat minnow works best for me..

Good Luck

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=2&jsv=151e&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102667723021328789186.00044e631f23f32bca5da

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I found this Article on the fishin hole website , might bring you some insight . Im in Fort Saskatchewan not sure if youve tryed fishing this side of the river . Shoot me a PM maybe I can give you a few hints where to go in town .

Heres the article .

https://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?f=feature_article/feature_article.cfm&ID=220