PDA

View Full Version : Mutant eyes

WayneChristie
08-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I decided to get creative, especially since the wildeyes are getting hard to find sometimes, and they get expensive after a while. Had a bunch of grubs and things left over from ba ss fishing in BC a few years back so I played mad scientist. Some of them are so ugly even I want to kill them! The siamese one is just for fun, tho I may add a treble to the back and try just for the heck of it. Thought Id post some pics of my efforts. also the stingers I added. If the weather holds I will try them tomorrow and see what happens. Used size 6 trebles for the stingers, and 30 pound braid to attach them. The tail will keep them weedless and the action hasnt changed. 3 inch wildeyes....I used the double twister tail today in the last pic, and caught a pike on it so they do work.

baitfisher83
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
interesting experiments, will the tails still move the same with the stinger hook going through them???

WayneChristie
08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
interesting experiments, will the tails still move the same with the stinger hook going through them???

tried them in my pool, they seem to work just the same. no pike in there tho, but I have thought of it :evilgrin:

baitfisher83
08-02-2009, 07:47 PM
lol only you Wayne, only You

WayneChristie
08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
wish I could smuggle some of these walleye from PCR to fill it, then Id just have to build a dock and I would be in heaven!!!!!

baitfisher83
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
lmao