PDA

View Full Version : Muddy river conditions

Hunter guy
06-07-2020, 10:39 PM
Been trying the battle river it’s really muddy don’t believe the fish can see the hook, what’s others rivers like!? Any way to fish it differently when the water is chocolate milk thanks

pikeman06
06-07-2020, 11:34 PM
What part of the battle are you fishing? There's a lot of river to fish because it's so snakey. Fished it my whole life between edberg and hardisty and there are a lot of miles of fish less water. There's a few good holes that are closely guarded secrets with access limited. And yes when it is chocolate milk like it is now it's a tough one to say the least. It takes along time to clear up. Some guys do alrite around wainwright but limited access there too. One good thing about the high water is fish coming in from the north sask have a chance to move upstream. I think low oxygen is an issue upstream from dried meat lake too. Good luck, I got a big walleye on my wall from the battle but that was 20 years ago, ya never know tho.

mlee
06-08-2020, 01:00 PM
I live 5 minutes from the river north east of Wainwright....I've hit my usual holes a couple times with little luck so far. It's high fast and dirty....fishing will be tough till probably August at this rate. But come August into October....I love fishing the river. Pretty easy to bag 3 species and good numbers once the water level drops....and there are some big eyes in the deep holes. Usually catch a couple 27+" every fall and have seen more than a few 30" come out. Big gold eyes too if you're into that.

walleyechaser
06-08-2020, 01:26 PM
I live 5 minutes from the river north east of Wainwright....I've hit my usual holes a couple times with little luck so far. It's high fast and dirty....fishing will be tough till probably August at this rate. But come August into October....I love fishing the river. Pretty easy to bag 3 species and good numbers once the water level drops....and there are some big eyes in the deep holes. Usually catch a couple 27+" every fall and have seen more than a few 30" come out. Big gold eyes too if you're into that.

Try a spin n glo 2 inches from the hook. Sometimes that vibration is all that is needed to nail muddy water eyes