PDA

View Full Version : Tower Lodge Dore Lake

dustinjoels
06-08-2020, 12:56 AM
Just got back from a 5 night stay at Tower Lodge on Dore Lake.

First off, Val and Vi who are the owners are probably the nicest people I’ve ever met. Accommodating in every way imaginable. They run the whole camp themselves 14 hours a day and bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you need. Another group in camp blew out their impeller and Val lent them a boat while he took apart their motor and found a replacement part amongst his 11 spare impellers. Everything was just top notch.

Fishing was great while the weather lasted. Boated a 25 pound pike which was a boat record. Once the rain hit the pike fishing cooled off though, but nothing anyone can do about that. Focused on walleye after the storms moved in and caught multiple walleye in the 6-8 pound range.

Wish we would have got some better weather, but an awesome trip nonetheless. Cabins were awesome, road was very well maintained, boat launch was nice and deep, and the lodge owners were second to none.

I strongly recommend booking with them.

Good luck to everyone this season and feel free to PM me for any more information.

BloodHound70
06-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Just got back from a 5 night stay at Tower Lodge on Dore Lake.

First off, Val and Vi who are the owners are probably the nicest people I’ve ever met. Accommodating in every way imaginable. They run the whole camp themselves 14 hours a day and bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you need. Another group in camp blew out their impeller and Val lent them a boat while he took apart their motor and found a replacement part amongst his 11 spare impellers. Everything was just top notch.

Fishing was great while the weather lasted. Boated a 25 pound pike which was a boat record. Once the rain hit the pike fishing cooled off though, but nothing anyone can do about that. Focused on walleye after the storms moved in and caught multiple walleye in the 6-8 pound range.

Wish we would have got some better weather, but an awesome trip nonetheless. Cabins were awesome, road was very well maintained, boat launch was nice and deep, and the lodge owners were second to none.

I strongly recommend booking with them.

Good luck to everyone this season and feel free to PM me for any more information.

PM sent

BH

58thecat
06-08-2020, 09:09 AM
just google it...looks like a nice place...80 bucks a night for a basic type cabin look like a great price too....:sHa_shakeshout:

got any pics?

06-08-2020, 11:37 AM
100% correct - Val & VI are amazing host!!

BloodHound70
06-08-2020, 01:06 PM
Heading there with the boys on Thursday.
Cant wait!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

BH

Thanks again Dustin for the call.

dodgeboy1979
06-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Heading there with the boys on Thursday.
Cant wait!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

BH

Thanks again Dustin for the call.

Have you fished Dore before? If not PM me and i can help you out

aulrich
06-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Now that the travel restrictions are lifted, we are heading out this weekend for a week. I don't usually get much time at peak season, the weather looks a bit iffy.

mlee
06-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Dore always seems to kick my ass lol.....4 days there last year we got a grand total of 6 fish in 11 hours on the water and 7 of those hours were in one day down at south bay. Nasty lake when the weather doesnt cooperate. But south bay should still be loaded up this early at least.