PDA

View Full Version : Boat Launch to test new boat

Elchinodiablo
06-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Hey fellas,

I tried the search bar and cant find what I'm looking for. I was wondering if there is a good boat launch I can test my new boat in. Need to practice some unloading/loading and make sure my electronics are in good working order.
Hopefully a launch that's not too busy and hoping to get out the new few evenings. Was thinking of Ghost but not sure because of the high water in the Bow.

Thanks.

TROLLER
06-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Ghost is a perfect launch for you to practice on. It has been rebuilt and can handle 4 min. boats at a time without crowding anyone. Plus you can easy tie up to the dock while you retrieve your trailer.

Elchinodiablo
06-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Thanks TROLLER! I have not been out that way in quite awhile. Would the high water advisories affect the lake levels the next few days?

TROLLER
06-08-2020, 03:14 PM
No when they re did the launch they took all that into consideration. Excellent launch. BTW I am refering to the main launch on the so. side of the bridge.

JBFranklin
06-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Hey fellas,

I tried the search bar and cant find what I'm looking for. I was wondering if there is a good boat launch I can test my new boat in. Need to practice some unloading/loading and make sure my electronics are in good working order.
Hopefully a launch that's not too busy and hoping to get out the new few evenings. Was thinking of Ghost but not sure because of the high water in the Bow.

Thanks.

My advice is to head to Pigeon Lake via the Mulhurst boat Ramp. It's only a 50 min drive. County dock has been in for a few weeks so you tie up there for a short time while you park. I'd go during the week so you can practise with less people around. Good on ya for practicing. If you go, maybe let know. I have a place there and I'm out often. I can help if needed. Good luck.

Elchinodiablo
06-10-2020, 07:16 AM
Thanks JBFranklin. I will keep that in mind for the offer. Never been to Pigeon and I dont anything about that lake. I heard it can be quite fun if you find the right spots.