PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans at Hermitage.

cranky
06-08-2020, 09:25 AM
I see the Pelicans are back at the Hermitage pond. Watched one for few minutes Sunday by the floating pier. He must have spotted a school of trout. He put at least 6 down in what seemed like seconds. Almost less time than i could count.

Id say a guy better get down there soon, if your looking for local Edmonton trout pond fishing. 4 or 5 of those things could eat that place out of fish in no time.

Drewski Canuck
06-09-2020, 06:53 PM
If you are worried about a few pelicans, try about 30 Cormorants at Morinville Reservoir.

SRD, F & W, or whomever they are these days, needs to get down there with their .22 sub sonics, and take out as many as they can. The numbers will explode in short order, and next year there will be no point in stocking Morinville Reservoir.

Drewski

flyrodfisher
06-09-2020, 06:58 PM
….next year there will be no point in stocking Morinville Reservoir

There hasn't been a point in stocking it for a few years now...it has been infested with pike for several years.

Unless the ACA has taken a new approach by feeding pike...There go your ACA levy funds...

trigger7mm
06-09-2020, 07:00 PM
Those dirty buggers are a disaster to any stocked pond. They should be eliminated on sight, or why bother stocking fish just for them to clean up. I know exactly hat would happen if they were in my pond.

Tigrr
06-09-2020, 08:28 PM
Those dirty buggers are a disaster to any stocked pond. They should be eliminated on sight, or why bother stocking fish just for them to clean up. I know exactly hat would happen if they were in my pond.

Ralphs favorite SSS.

Vega21
06-20-2020, 12:28 AM
There hasn't been a point in stocking it for a few years now...it has been infested with pike for several years.

Unless the ACA has taken a new approach by feeding pike...There go your ACA levy funds...

Come again? The Morinville reservoir has Pike now? Haha. First illegal perch and now Pike?

flyrodfisher
06-20-2020, 01:52 AM
Come again? The Morinville reservoir has Pike now? Haha. First illegal perch and now Pike?

Yes...first the Fish and Game pond then Heritage lake.

Not quite sure what you think is funny about that....

Pike have been in both for at least 5 years now...yet the ACA continues to feed them with nice little trout every Spring.