PDA

View Full Version : BC Overdose Deaths vs COVID-19

HVA7mm
06-11-2020, 11:04 PM
More people in BC died of a drug overdose in May than the total COVID-19 deaths for the year.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5607792

Med Head 2
06-11-2020, 11:23 PM
it will be the same here. We are swamped with them right now.

CaberTosser
06-12-2020, 12:07 AM
Good thing that Bill Blair is pathologically fixated on banning guns from those who are law-abiding instead of oh, doing something productive like concentrating on border security where illegal guns and drugs come into Canada. 249 firearm deaths in 2018, and yet one province out of ten provinces gets 170 deaths in a single month. Bill Blair couldn't prioritize his way out of a toilet-paper bag.

EZM
06-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Lightning strikes vs. Shark Attacks

Heart Attacks vs. Car Accidents

Jayhad
06-12-2020, 10:35 AM
I've been saying this since Covid started. We have shut down the world to save just one life from Covid, but no body cares about the addicts dying.

timsid1
06-12-2020, 11:45 AM
I've been saying this since Covid started. We have shut down the world to save just one life from Covid, but no body cares about the addicts dying.

Please tell me why I or anyone else should care about drug addicts ?

HVA7mm
06-12-2020, 12:08 PM
it will be the same here. We are swamped with them right now.

Thanks, I was wondering what the uptick might be like as there hasn't been a big focus on it in the media. With people having been unable to work and the added financial strain, I would think that depression/substance issues would have gone up considerably. This along with the injection of COVID money to people that may not have had access to before (CERB).

mooseknuckle
06-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Please tell me why I or anyone else should care about drug addicts ?

Ya know...... good question. 25 years ago someone did care, as I sat desperate on east hastings with a needle in my arm. Now clean, husband, father of 4, business owner. Feel I'm doing a lot of good in the is world.

That's why.

urban rednek
06-12-2020, 01:41 PM
More people in BC died of a drug overdose in May than the total COVID-19 deaths for the year.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5607792

Didn't you read the memo that was sent out 4 months ago? It doesn't matter. Nothing matters except COVID-19. It is the only thing we care about. Everything else is blown out of proportion, fake, news.
Only trolls and the wilfully ignorant would even consider comparing anything else to the COVID-19. :rolleye2:

Carry on.

pinelakeperch
06-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Ya know...... good question. 25 years ago someone did care, as I sat desperate on east hastings with a needle in my arm. Now clean, husband, father of 4, business owner. Feel I'm doing a lot of good in the is world.

That's why.

Love it. I wanted to reply, but didn't have anything good to say. Good for you!

Ken07AOVette
06-12-2020, 02:12 PM

That's why.

You are the reason I didnt answer.

Being opinionated about it just riles up people, but hearing you talk about coming back from the edge gives me hope for people.
I am very happy for you and hope you are doing well all the time.