PDA

View Full Version : Severn Reservior

klow
06-13-2020, 05:31 PM
Has anyone fished at Severn recently? I know there is a boat launch there and no gas powered boats are allowed. Can a person use an electric motor? I have never fished this lake. I know that it has been stocked with trout in the past, but I could not find a stocking report for this year. My son-in law was thinking of taking me there for Father's Day. Any help would be appreciated.

hookset
06-13-2020, 08:01 PM
Has anyone fished at Severn recently? I know there is a boat launch there and no gas powered boats are allowed. Can a person use an electric motor? I have never fished this lake. I know that it has been stocked with trout in the past, but I could not find a stocking report for this year. My son-in law was thinking of taking me there for Father's Day. Any help would be appreciated.

Haven't fished it this year but it usually produces small stocked rainbows. Algae can be a problem I would think later in the year though. Gets blue algae and is recommended to not eat fish from there quite often.
Seen a few trucks and campers out there this year the few times Ive driven by.

good luck.

klow
06-14-2020, 06:42 AM
Thank you. From the pics, it seems like a nice place.

the local angler
06-14-2020, 08:23 AM
i hit this place quite a few times this season and the only recommendation that i have for you is to bring bug repellent the mosquitoes are horrendous out there and a hat cause there is very little cover out there so it gets really hot out there. average size i caught was 6-10" at the most. but the pelicans are doing well.

TROLLER
06-14-2020, 11:03 AM
It has what you might call a very small boat launch. Sometimes the local teens will go out and move the dock from one side to the other.

Most boats you see run in the 10 ft range and are usually plastic or blow up. I fish it quite often in my 10ft. water tender with a 40thrust If you go fish the far end in the middle it is around 20ft and there are a few good size bow's left over every season. Good luck

barbless
06-14-2020, 01:01 PM
Have not been for quite a few years. When we did go it was Velveeta cheese and garlic flavor marshmallows. Ya and some days it would have been better to take a bath in deet other than just spray