PDA

View Full Version : shore fishing at Eagle Lake?

archerynut
06-13-2020, 08:02 PM
Greetings fellas. So I'm taking my nephew fishing for his first time and seeing as he lives in Strathmore I thought a short trip to Eagle would be perfect. I'm aware that there is a zero catch limit - that's fine. We just wanna catch a fish or two. Can anyone on the board recommend spot where we could throw some spoons or, if its legal, fish a frozen minnow underneath a bobber? Thanks everyone. I just want him to have a good experience.

roper1
06-14-2020, 09:00 PM
Missed this yesterday, did you have any luck? Not too much public access but there is a spot on the NW corner of the lake. Go down west side of lake past the nursery there's a spot on the corner.

The water is shallow there but I've seen pike caught from shore there. Good luck next trip!!

archerynut
06-14-2020, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your reply. was starting to think no one was gonna weigh in. Have not had the chance to get out to eagle yet. Was going to aim for Tuesday but with the weather lookin pretty iffy I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye on the forecast and hopefully things clear up by Tuesday. Thanks for the tip. We will give that spot a try. Much appreciated!

slamilton
06-15-2020, 08:30 AM
It is pretty shallow in most places from shore but I have caught them by the boat launch on the West Side. You could use a smelt from a bobber but I caught them with a pickeral rig and smelt and 5 of diamonds.

fish99
06-17-2020, 08:18 PM
we used to catch em from the old rail road tracks by the small bridge

the local angler
06-17-2020, 08:42 PM
in the old days we use to be able to drive out on the old train tracks but the land has been sold to a private owner and allows you to park at the gate and walk in. i ran into him and asked him once if the public was still allowed to use the old train bridge and he said yes but was kinda a bleeping arrogant bleep about it. but this was along time ago. all i wanted to know was if we could park there to go in by bicycle but i left because i didn't feel safe.

buckman
06-19-2020, 01:06 PM
we used to catch em from the old rail road tracks by the small bridge

This was a great spot.I wonder if you could at least walk or bike it now.

fish99
06-19-2020, 06:45 PM
i have boated to the tracks

Chefspicy
06-20-2020, 01:38 AM
in the old days we use to be able to drive out on the old train tracks but the land has been sold to a private owner and allows you to park at the gate and walk in. i ran into him and asked him once if the public was still allowed to use the old train bridge and he said yes but was kinda a bleeping arrogant bleep about it. but this was along time ago. all i wanted to know was if we could park there to go in by bicycle but i left because i didn't feel safe.

Is that the dead end road by the dog kennel? Walk down the muddy road toward the berm?

the local angler
06-20-2020, 09:04 AM
i'm not sure bud, i haven't been out there in 20+ years

roper1
06-20-2020, 09:54 PM
How old is the nephew? Can he handle an hour or two in a boat ? Crawling Valley short drive, we'll get there a few times yet this summer.