PDA

View Full Version : Newell Hurricane, CVR Calm

roper1
06-14-2020, 10:28 PM
Hit Newell parking lot about 8:30 this morn, whitecaps & the lake a-frothing. Wandered around a bit, gave up, & headed home. Unwilling to totally give up, stopped in @ CVR. Almost dead calm, unloaded & fished for 4 hrs, had very good luck! The lake was very quiet for a Sunday in June.

Hard to believe how the wind died down in 50K of driving, and the difference in the weather that quick.

Wes_G
06-14-2020, 11:32 PM
Wasn't there 50k wind in the forecast for Newell this morning? Normally lakes around Lethbridge can be blustery while further north gets half the wind if not dead calm. Download the "Windy" App. I find it to be very accurate.

raw outdoors
06-15-2020, 07:10 AM
I was at Newell Saturday and Sunday it was a hard weekend to fish. Saturday had some nice breaks in the wind. Sunday was relentless managed a few walleye but it was a rodeo for one guy trying to keep the boat controlled and reel fish so shooting gophers was more enjoyable. I found an app called my radar the icon is red,yellow,green,black with a location Pin. Download that and you can see incoming weather and click on the wind and it shows you wind speed and direction across the country in real time it’s pretty darn cool.

roper1
06-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys!