PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota 10amp portable battery charger

Hartly
06-21-2020, 09:27 AM
I’ve looked every where for the Minn Kota 12v 10amp portable battery charger with no luck. Does any one here know where one is available ? New or used. Thanks in advance

LJalberta
06-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Westlock Powersports had one on the shelf on Friday.

Coiloil37
06-21-2020, 02:48 PM
Amazon has them.

EZM
06-21-2020, 06:03 PM
One thing to consider ..... if you are using it exclusively to charge on board batteries, get a on board charger instead .... bolt it in and plug in the boat and you are golden - cheaper, charges faster and no hassle.

If you are truly using it as a portable charger - there are so many other portable chargers that have higher output, faster charging, for far less money.

MinnKota is a brand name - it does nothing any other quality conditioning charger won't do for far less $$$.

Just my 2 cents.

SNAPFisher
06-21-2020, 06:42 PM
I have it, works great. But picked up mine down in Arizona a few years ago.

Coiloil37
06-21-2020, 10:35 PM
One thing to consider ..... if you are using it exclusively to charge on board batteries, get a on board charger instead .... bolt it in and plug in the boat and you are golden

I agree. I use their alternator charger to keep the deep cycle house batteries topped up and never have to deal with charging them separately.

vic1
06-22-2020, 09:53 AM
One thing to consider ..... if you are using it exclusively to charge on board batteries, get a on board charger instead .... bolt it in and plug in the boat and you are golden - cheaper, charges faster and no hassle.

If you are truly using it as a portable charger - there are so many other portable chargers that have higher output, faster charging, for far less money.

MinnKota is a brand name - it does nothing any other quality conditioning charger won't do for far less $$$.

Just my 2 cents.

x2. Very good advise.

Dean2
06-22-2020, 10:22 AM

Just my 2 cents.

x3. Bought Exide deep cycle portable chargers for less than half what the Minkota cost. Have had them for years, work perfect. I also think they make Minkota's for them, or at least they did years ago, may not anymore.

Penner
06-23-2020, 06:48 AM
Amazon has them.

Buy local. Amazon ain’t that...

sneekerp
06-23-2020, 10:46 PM
I have a mk110p for sale if you're interested. It's as new. You can have it for $50

Hartly
06-24-2020, 08:09 AM
I have a mk110p for sale if you're interested. It's as new. You can have it for $50

I left you a private message