PDA

View Full Version : Winefred lake

Goodlife
06-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Thinking of booking a place at Winefred lake lodge. Wondering if anyone has been there in the last few weeks? Specifically, how is the road in from the airport?

WinefredCommander
06-26-2020, 01:54 PM
Search button is your friend. This is asked to death. Probably even on page 2. You need help, I AM THE WINEFRED COMMANDER

Goodlife
06-26-2020, 06:41 PM
I read those posts. I am curious about the road and wondering if anyone has been in lately

swampy45
06-27-2020, 07:23 AM
As per every post this year, the road to the lodge and public launch is in horrible shape. I drove it far enough a few weeks ago to see that I didn’t want to go any farther, turned around and fished elsewhere.

Quigley2000
06-30-2020, 02:05 PM
Was there this weekend. Past Kirby the roads really start turning bad as soon as the road does not get any sun. Last little bit before the lodge is the worst since its the lowest and therefore wettest. Wouldn't take and SUV down it although you probably could as I saw one at the lodge (rest were all trucks). It's fine if you have a truck though as ground clearance is critical. Road now is way better that the end of August though. Had a friend go the weekend before and he got stuck with 10" of clearance so be careful. IMO Sandy (near calling) is better if you're worried about getting stuck

guru fisher
07-01-2020, 03:22 PM
They biting good at Fred ? I’m
Going in August. Always like that month for giant northerns !!!!!

aragor764
07-06-2020, 12:57 PM
interested as well, i got a half ton with a winch, wondering if i can make it up there in one piece.

guru fisher
07-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Need 4 W D

Catman1
07-10-2020, 12:47 PM
That last stretch too just gets so damn slippery. Good tires are a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner
07-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Someone needs to post pics of this road and how bad it is. It has quite the reputation.

Like when I was a kid and my dad and friends would talk about getting in to Siebert Lake. So they went in with the hunting jeeps and a VW Bug passed them lol. It was a rare dry month back then I guess.

swampy45
07-10-2020, 06:10 PM
Not my picture, but sent to me. Taken the first week of June. I can also confirm the road is still in trash shape after all of the rain this year. I bent my boat trailer axle getting to the launch, so my boat and trailer are currently sitting at at the Lodge (which I had to pay to keep there), until I can buy an axle and replace it, hopefully later this week. Princess Auto is fresh out of tires and axles, so shopping around.

35 whelen
07-10-2020, 06:44 PM
I can't believe people drive their boats into that Lake there's got to be just as good places in Saskatchewan or where your not going to cost thousands of dollars getting in there.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Catman1
07-10-2020, 08:17 PM
I can't believe people drive their boats into that Lake there's got to be just as good places in Saskatchewan or where your not going to cost thousands of dollars getting in there.

Probably true. But I was working in the area so it was a good option. Fishing was unbelievable good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie
07-10-2020, 11:16 PM
I literally saw a trailer ripped in 1/2. That picture of the road is the easy part.. The hole cost me $700 worth of repairs after listening to the lodge employee. My fault, I was in the drivers seat. Lodge wouldn't help out at all. Not even a kiss my azz and here iS a free hat. Honestly, I would have been happy with come back next time and I will buy you dinner... But no.. They lost a customer in me. Place is run down, heat didn't work, boats are beat up, seats are old. Dock hand was good. Units we stayed in were tired. Beds were comfy. But no heat on a soaking cold weekend SUCKED. No response from the owner made it even worse. We improvised though and took over the next door unit for the heat. We turned the bathroom in the empty unit into a drying room. It worked. I hate been wet.. I hate being cold and wet even more.

35 whelen
07-11-2020, 06:22 AM
That's what you get when you have one of the worst poacher in Alberta history running a fishing lodge

WinefredCommander
07-11-2020, 10:59 AM
That's what you get when you have one of the worst poacher in Alberta history running a fishing lodge

BANG ON!! Can't believe you took a dually in there SWAMPY! That's balls!

guru fisher
07-12-2020, 11:00 PM
Their boats come with the package. Use their iron and gas. As long as a guys out on Fred good chance for a giant !!!!

swampy45
07-13-2020, 07:23 AM
BANG ON!! Can't believe you took a dually in there SWAMPY! That's balls!

That was not me, I would never try to get through there with a loaded down dually and a boat trailer. I did recently bend my boat trailer axle though working my way through there however. Still need to go collect my boat and trailer and drop off $200 at the "heres a new" axle store...