PDA

View Full Version : High Prairie Trapper Loses All Gear in Fire

Marty S
06-29-2020, 07:40 PM
June 3rd I believe, trapper Dave Donahue lost all of his trapping gear to a farm fire. This is the man who makes the Donahue Trap & Bait Holder. He has trapped his whole life as a means to compliment his farm income, and obviously for the love of the fur and our industry as well.

I spoke with Dave on the phone today and suggested that I put a post on the forum here and ask if anybody would care to donate any gear to a trapper in need, he was fine with it....

So does anybody have any gear theyd care to donate to this trapper’s cause? I believe he traps coyote, wolf, fisher and marten mostly. He lost all kinds of traps and snares. If so, please give him a call... 780-751-2239

I guess hes actually closer to Grouard than HP.

Wolftrapper
06-29-2020, 07:49 PM
Wow. That's sad news.
Thanks for posting Marty.
I know Dave well but hadn't heard about the fire. I'll give him a call and I will be able to help him out some for sure.

moose maniac
06-29-2020, 10:44 PM
June 3rd I believe, trapper Dave Donahue lost all of his trapping gear to a farm fire. This is the man who makes the Donahue Trap & Bait Holder. He has trapped his whole life as a means to compliment his farm income, and obviously for the love of the fur and our industry as well.

I spoke with Dave on the phone today and suggested that I put a post on the forum here and ask if anybody would care to donate any gear to a trapper in need, he was fine with it....

So does anybody have any gear theyd care to donate to this trapper’s cause? I believe he traps coyote, wolf, fisher and marten mostly. He lost all kinds of traps and snares. If so, please give him a call... 780-751-2239

I guess hes actually closer to Grouard than HP.
Didn’t he sell his line a couple years ago??

HunterDave
06-30-2020, 12:00 AM
Can anything be covered by the Alberta Trappers Compensation Program (ATCP)?

Marty S
06-30-2020, 09:47 AM
He did sell his line, now is trapping private land etc. I think he told me he wishes he hadn't sold it, kinda sounds like it kept him out of trouble!!!

I think the trappers comp is just for registered trapper loss on registered lines???

moose maniac
06-30-2020, 03:01 PM
He did sell his line, now is trapping private land etc. I think he told me he wishes he hadn't sold it, kinda sounds like it kept him out of trouble!!!

I think the trappers comp is just for registered trapper loss on registered lines???

Yeah I kinda figured he would regret it but at least he is still trapping a bit, I got some stuff I will give him a call

Saskfly16
06-30-2020, 06:58 PM
Anyone ever insure there trapping gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointer
07-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Anyone ever insure there trapping gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my trapping gear is insured along with everything I own. The way crime is these days people would be crazy to not insure everything they own.

35 whelen
07-01-2020, 02:16 PM
All my trapping gear is insured along with everything I own. The way crime is these days people would be crazy to not insure everything they own.Who do you get insurance through for that kind of insurance

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Marty S
07-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Any homeowners insurance or business insurance can tailor a plan for building's contents, likely renters insurance too.

I'm reliant on building contents insurance for my personal equipment including fleshing machines and other goodies. I think I have fire and theft on both my sled and quad.