PDA

View Full Version : The Bow on Hwy 524

Fishfinder
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Jus got back from the fam reunion at Enchant yesterday. What can i say..Had a blast! Awesome family lake! Caught a zillion perch (first time fishin for them) and the occassional rainbow. The last night, outta nowhere, in the middle of the night, the worst hailstorm I ever seen came down. Almost every tent was pummelled to the ground including mine, and almost every RV/and all other vehicles were damaged extensivly. I banged on Gma n Gpas RV at 4 a.m. to take refuge after my coleman tent was laying on me and I was getting beaten by hail and siderain. It was friggin scary...and I don't scare easy! The cleanup in the morning was not pretty. Anyways...was thrilling to say the least. Now..to my question?? Anyone ever fish the Bow river under the bridge on Hwy 524 leading from the #1 Hwy? Didn't have time to fish it but looked pretty decent? Seen some fisherman there on my way out. Never really fished the Bow either....any advice would be super! Gonna b fishn from shore, looks still, and potentially deep too:)Happy fishn all:)

Lambo
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Ya, I was awaken at 2am Sunday by that bad hail storm. Thought someone was shooting at my house with an oozy. I haven't fish at 524 but I've fished upstream at 539 and downstream at the Forks. Pretty good fishing at those spots for walleye so it'll probably be similar at 524. Good luck. Let us know how you made out.

Fishfinder
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Yup, it was BRUTAL! Mom's new car must have at least 1000 dents:(:( Don't think no one was hurt though:) except in the wallets. Lotsa lakes round there. Gonna try them all in due time. But under that bridge I was mentioning looks gr8, will let know how I do. Gonna hit it up tomorrow with jigs n minnows, perhaps wormies if the water looks clear n still enough.