PDA

View Full Version : girlyfish

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 01:03 PM
Yah I know I rub a a lot of people the wrong way, usually on purpose cause Im a dink.:bad_boys_20: I do have to say I have fished for minnows with a tiny worm tied to a piece of string in a storm outflow (many moons ago) and Ive caught my favourite fish as big as me in Alberta, and almost every kind in between. I love fishing, catching optional, for every size and every species bar none. Every outing is an experience, some better than others but all interesting. Made a whole lot of friends doing so and a few enemies :fighting0030: all part of the experience and life in general. Just to show I dont hate lipstick laden girlyfish or even yellow polka dotted Brown fish ( can we say that anymore)? I managed to paint 3 of my earlier metal sculptures while I was trying to get my brains back in line after my accident (again sorta) and my last, favourite, and best sculpture is one of them going out to party makeup smeared Rainbow fish so I thought id bore you with a couple pics of them on my wall. Just so you know its all in fun. if they ever load, holy crap is this site slow again today. :angry3:

Bigwoodsman
07-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Excellent work on the girly fish!

BW

EZM
07-02-2020, 03:20 PM
I love those sculptures Wayne.

How long does it take to make one like that? Something like that would look great over the fireplace ….

58thecat
07-02-2020, 03:56 PM
ahhh yup...got any for sale?

Sooner
07-02-2020, 04:09 PM
I bought one of Wayne's pike for my bro in law. One of the unpainted metal ones. It is cool.

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 04:15 PM
thanks guys. the early ones I was just figuring it out took a couple days, the latest took quite a while. The new RAM was interested for the giftshop I havent been able to make it up to show them in person so far, hopefully one day. Always happy to get rid of some but Im not advertising them on the forum just showing them off :thinking-006: Havent done any since my eye blew up but I would like to get going on them again, still working on concussion issues. hopefully I can continue to improve I guess I will see. Cant paint worth a darn but I kinda like my style anyways :)

barbless
07-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Good job on the sculptures. Great hobby to have.

Smoky buck
07-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Nice work even if it’s a girly fish

58thecat
07-02-2020, 06:56 PM
I bought one of Wayne's pike for my bro in law. One of the unpainted metal ones. It is cool.

Was that the dark sinister looking one?

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Was that the dark sinister looking one?

could be my ex :bad_boys_20: sometimes I even see fish differently. but then Ive never claimed normality. actually deny it :sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Nice work even if it’s a girly fish

thank you, bet my pike would look great chowing down on one of your lures:shark:

Zip-in-Z
07-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Title = Lipstick Click-Bait.

Nice work!

D.

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Title = Lipstick Click-Bait.

Nice work!

D.

nah those titles I post in general discussion. way more pervs in there :bad_boys_20::sHa_shakeshout:

Zip-in-Z
07-02-2020, 09:04 PM
nah those titles I post in general discussion. way more pervs in there :bad_boys_20::sHa_shakeshout:

I know, seen those too.

Still nice work, collectors item.

D.

WayneChristie
07-02-2020, 09:49 PM
I know, seen those too.

Still nice work, collectors item.

D.

thank you. seems I just cant get my mind off fishing even if Im arting! :sHa_shakeshout: ok there are times :bad_boys_20:

58thecat
07-03-2020, 05:51 AM
thank you, bet my pike would look great chowing down on one of your lures:shark:

You two need to get a room:scared0018:

WayneChristie
07-03-2020, 08:31 AM
You two need to get a room:scared0018:

with good ventilation and earmuffs. think of the money we could make selling our art!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

walking buffalo
07-03-2020, 02:21 PM
Stepping on your coat-tails Wayne, thanks for the ride, and love your Girlyfish. :)

A few of mine....

https://i.imgur.com/0NlLqkC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p6yy1nH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/od2jrkp.jpg

WayneChristie
07-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Stepping on your coat-tails Wayne, thanks for the ride, and love your Girlyfish. :)

A few of mine....

https://i.imgur.com/0NlLqkC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p6yy1nH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/od2jrkp.jpg

any time, I notice we both are into rocks and fossils too. all great outdoor interests! these are nice too its pretty cool when people can combine interests and make something out of pretty much nothing! anyone else with fish art postem up I love seeing what other ideas are floating around out there! always good to learn new things. I actually did a salmon same sorta style as your last fish only coming straight out of the water. just top half of one

Brandonkop
07-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Nice work. Browns actually don't seem that girly to me. They seem to have some attitude. How many hours to make the Rainbow and paint it?

WayneChristie
07-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Nice work. Browns actually don't seem that girly to me. They seem to have some attitude. How many hours to make the Rainbow and paint it?

Browns seem to me like a cross between a pike and a trout, pretty and mean, maybe the German heritage :fighting0030: Thr rainbow I took my time on, probably over a month or more I was trying to get more detail and just working on it in my spare time. Id like to try a full 3D one eventually, have to do something simple again first and see how it goes, cant see straight lines with my repaired eye anymore so I dont know how it will affect it. hopefully not too bad :) I never keep track of hours when Im working on art, Id never get my times worth anyways and some go fast some take a long time, all depends on the mood and circumstances :)

walking buffalo
07-05-2020, 08:28 PM
How many hours to make the Rainbow and paint it?

I never keep track of hours when Im working on art, :)

Wayne, I get asked this all the time....

The most complete and truthful answer is, "my whole life".

Regarding the eyesight.
Don't worry about seeing straight lines.
Straight lines are boring. :)