PDA

View Full Version : Yak'Eyes...

58thecat
07-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Well yesterday purchased a new piece of equipment to add to my fishing arsenal a Pelican Strike 120X Angler Kayak....farted around with it yesterday to set it up somewhat to my liking and this morning had it out for its maiden voyage....9 eyes and 3 pike...so she is officially broken in...going to do a few mods to make it more my style of user friendly but really enjoy the simplicity.

ohh and I was using a white headed jig, white twister tail and of course a minnow....all on a 4" metal leader.....

Moe
07-05-2020, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I love my 120XT. I use it to float on rivers and it is a tough son of a bitch. And store enough stuff for 2 nights on the water.

HuyFishin
07-05-2020, 06:31 PM
Well yesterday purchased a new piece of equipment to add to my fishing arsenal a Pelican Strike 120X Angler Kayak....farted around with it yesterday to set it up somewhat to my liking and this morning had it out for its maiden voyage....9 eyes and 3 pike...so she is officially broken in...going to do a few mods to make it more my style of user friendly but really enjoy the simplicity.

ohh and I was using a white headed jig, white twister tail and of course a minnow....all on a 4" metal leader.....

Congratulations on the new purchase! Kayak fishing can get addictive. Welcome to the family

58thecat
07-05-2020, 07:04 PM
Congratulations on the new purchase! Kayak fishing can get addictive. Welcome to the family

Ya now I gotta choose between the canoe, kayak or motorboat....hmmmm....tuff life decisions ahead....:)

Spudnut
07-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Enjoy the Yak, they are pretty addicting. Nice fish as well. Glad you had a great day.