PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Humpback

dothepuff
07-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Was out today for a bit with the wife, ended up with supper. Also landed a nice Sylvan humpback :sHa_shakeshout:, man these things are fun to catch in the summer on a ultralight rod, what a fight:fighting0030: 2.7lbs biggest so far this yr, wife caught one a few wks ago at 2.5lbs. Much more fun then the dead sock fish...lol. Will take the daughter out tomorrow and see if we can land a few more whites.

https://i.imgur.com/0nqYjQP.jpg

WayneChristie
07-06-2020, 07:22 PM
nice dinner, even the cucumber fish :) should see how hard an 8 pounder fights when you put an arrow in it! :sHa_shakeshout:

slingshotz
07-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Nice catch! Was there on Sunday near the marina and what a zoo of people and boats. I only managed one walleye right before the bad weather rolled in and couldn't figure out the whites.

How deep were you for the white and what did you use? I caught my walleye in 5 fow right near the harbor which surprised me. I was trying in different spots between 5-12fow with various wireworms and nymphs. In the fall in the same places I usually get them in about 6fow but it was my first time there in the summer.

dothepuff
07-07-2020, 07:19 AM
nice dinner, even the cucumber fish :) should see how hard an 8 pounder fights when you put an arrow in it! :sHa_shakeshout:

Now that would be a blast. I told the wife could you imagine a 8lber on the end of the rod fighting like that....wow.

How deep were you for the white and what did you use? I caught my walleye in 5 fow right near the harbor which surprised me. I was trying in different spots between 5-12fow with various wireworms and nymphs. In the fall in the same places I usually get them in about 6fow but it was my first time there in the summer.

Was in about 6-8' on the North end and we have been catching them on small rubber jigs. Actually caught one last week trolling with a 1/4oz jig and 3" tail??? goofy fish. I use anywhere from the 2" set up like Zip all the way down to a 3/4" double tail. Slow retrieve and let it sink for a bit and repeat. No expert myself as this is my first time trying for whites in the summer but if I can catch some eats I'm good.

Whammies
07-11-2020, 05:49 PM
nice catch