PDA

View Full Version : Great Big Bull Trout ... Tiny Little Creek

greatbigdiddy
07-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Hey everyone well I got out west for the second week in a row this past weekend. Although the weather was much nicer it was actually harder to find good clean fish-able water this weekend.

I had my daughter with me on the trip and we camped over at a couple different spots. I managed to get a little brown trout action on the dry fly just before dark on the first night. The next day we headed further west where I could introduce my daughter to some pristine waters and a place that is very special to me.

At one spot I let her have a shot with my fly rod and she managed to catch and release her first ever Bull Trout. Before the adventure was over I had a rematch with the bull trout that eluded me last week and well ... all I’ll say is a lot of people have told me that big Bull trout don’t really like dry flies .... I don’t think that is true .... you be the judge.

Here are some moving pictures for you to enjoy.
Cheers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrXCa-zo8Y

kinwahkly
07-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Nice video. Great memories.

58thecat
07-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Time well spent:)

FlyTheory
07-10-2020, 10:02 AM
Idk who you’ve talked to, bull trout will eat everything and I’ve caught tons of them on dries And hoppers. Also on mouse fly patterns and poppers! Give those a try!

Bigwoodsman
07-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Beauty video. Great weekend spent with the New wave Junior. Love your videos keep them coming.

BW

hawk-i
07-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Cool video, thanks for sharing :)

catnthehat
07-10-2020, 10:36 AM
What a great experience and video!
Cat

Sloughsharkjigger
07-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Standing ovation. You both rock.

EZM
07-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Great Video, cool memories for you both.

I'd agree that Bulls are probably the most willing and easiest trout/char to catch (maybe a tie with stocked rainbows).

Anything well presented dry fly, streamer, spoon, and they will hit it hard. Nevertheless, anytime you catch a fish it's cool.

Keep up the good work dad and get that younger generation involved in the outdoors.