PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee Reservoir

baitfisher83
07-10-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm thinking of hitting up PCR tomorrow, anyone been there recently? I haven't been there for years.

Peppysan
07-11-2020, 12:52 AM
Lake is high & full, launch was fine, but get there early. It was bumper to bumper by about 11am. But it was a free fishing weekend.
I didn't do any fishing, was just trying a few different props on my boat.
The "Dock". . . :sign0068: was swarming with kids and people fishing off it, sort of made it difficult to bring the boat in to pick up people, or make a prop change, had to resort to a shore side park job and wade in.

As for fish, looking on the sounder that lake is full of something.

Have fun :)

TROLLER
07-11-2020, 09:45 AM
Spent the day fishn there yesterday. And even with Pan Optic's we saw very little fish. So what a sounder was full of I suspect was cluter.

3 very small walleye which is nice to see 2 smallish pike. The odd trout surfacing but all said in done not the lake it used to be. Boat launch full of fisherman which emptied rather quickly after no luck. Lot's of kid playing off the launch enjoying the water. They were considerate and allowed us room for loading.

WayneChristie
07-11-2020, 12:21 PM
nice to see you are still around BF been a long time :)

Spudnut
07-13-2020, 10:02 AM
We were also there on free fishing weekend. Picked up a couple of small pike, but very slow. Talked to a few others and it was slow for them as well. The lake was very busy with water sports / speedboats.

chucklesthe3rd
07-13-2020, 12:21 PM
I was at PCR about a week ago. Decided to go for a night session and only managed a couple burbs and a dink walleye at most maybe 14 inches long. Very tough fishing. Using P-rigs with old minnows and sucker chunks.

the local angler
07-13-2020, 05:27 PM
burbs ??? wow you are one of the lucky ones well done

chucklesthe3rd
07-14-2020, 11:00 AM
burbs ??? wow you are one of the lucky ones well done
They were nothing to write home about maybe weighing 2 or 3 pounds.

Walleyedude
07-14-2020, 11:09 AM
What a shame.

PCR used to be one of my favourite spots. It was without a doubt the very best place to take kids and new anglers for a great fishing experience.

Sad and angry to hear of what it's become...