PDA

View Full Version : Colorado 9'Pontoon bladder repair

Whammies
07-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Haven't had the pontoon out for 2 years and found out today that I got a leak in one of the bladders. After an hr of fishing I had to pump it up some and just thought the water condensed the air some.... but had to pump it up a half hr late and realized this a leak. So off the lake it is and trolling 20 min back to the dock. I took the bladder out of the skin and I found the hole with-in a inch from the stem. Have any of you guys patched one of these? trying to find a bladder now, but in the mean time I will try a patch job. ordered some Tear Aid from amazon, fingers crossed and hoping it holds air before I put it in the water. Have any of you guys repaired a inflatable bladder

haggis57
07-11-2020, 11:33 PM
I have had good luck with Tear-Aid repair patches. I had a small leak in a 10 year old Outcast bladder. The hole was within 1/4" of the bladder seam and I didn't have much hope. I made the repair right at the edge of a lake. I used the alcohol pad 1st like they recommend before applying the patch. I filled the bladder within 5 minutes and tested the patch in the lake without any sign of a leak. I fished the entire day without a problem. I never did replace the bladder. I believe that Outcast includes Tear-Aid patches with their newer pontoons. I now keep some with both my float tube and my pontoon boat.

Tear-Aid patches are also available at MEC and Aquabatics in Calgary & Edmonton.

Ken

Gerald J
07-12-2020, 08:23 AM
I've repaired pin sized holes with Aquaseal. Others have too. There was a thread on it a while back.

Whammies
07-12-2020, 09:18 PM
I have had good luck with Tear-Aid repair patches. I had a small leak in a 10 year old Outcast bladder. The hole was within 1/4" of the bladder seam and I didn't have much hope. I made the repair right at the edge of a lake. I used the alcohol pad 1st like they recommend before applying the patch. I filled the bladder within 5 minutes and tested the patch in the lake without any sign of a leak. I fished the entire day without a problem. I never did replace the bladder. I believe that Outcast includes Tear-Aid patches with their newer pontoons. I now keep some with both my float tube and my pontoon boat.

Tear-Aid patches are also available at MEC and Aquabatics in Calgary & Edmonton.

Ken

Thanks for input on tear aid. I got some on the way now. I did happen to find a patch that came with the other excessories.