PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Fishing

Hamsnacks
07-13-2020, 01:07 AM
Hello,

Thinking of taking the kids to Cardiff for some fishing, first time there but I've read some good reviews by guys on this site and I heard the kids may be able to catch some crawfish.

Just wondering, other than fishing, is there any sort of park structures or sand for the kids to keep busy as well?

Thanks in advance.

Red Bullets
07-13-2020, 02:24 AM
The south end of the park has a playground and a ball diamond too. Nice mowed grass around the reservoir too.

cranky
07-13-2020, 08:06 AM
I dont usually get skunked there, but i have the last few times out. Even the bait fishing guys are not catching,in fact every one i chat with are saying there getting skunked.
Probably something to do with the weather. Definitely the Kayaker club group dont help any with there noise racing up and down the lake hitting the water with there paddles. Most of the time they get much to close to the shore where people have lines out. If told they get more to the middle but shouldnt have to continually tell them. Rant over.
Nice place for kids to run though with lotsa mowed open space like said in post above. Its clean water mostly, older teen type kids go swimming in there often.

thorne
07-13-2020, 04:37 PM
Can confirm the Skunk pattern....went twice, just a couple small nibbles the second time....but it sure is Pretty!

Houcheimi
07-14-2020, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the info gentlemen, hopefully I have a bit more luck, if not all good, as long as it's a day outside with the kids and they see 1 crawfish that'll be enough to make their week haha.
Hopefully it's not too busy.