PDA

View Full Version : Regualtions on small Creeks?

CardiacCowboy
07-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Will be in the Mclean Creek area today and would like to try some of the small creeks in the area. Ones I know Fisher, three point creek, all look to flow into each other then other creek then Sheep river. None listed under named creeks so may be general es1 or would these be under tributaries rules? Three sections of sheep river have different rules part were these eventually flow in are 2 trout over 35 5 rookies over 30. These are all the es1 general stream rules.

Get a little confusing with traking creek into creek and where that eventutually goes into a named river or creek with regs. Then that river has several regs and trying to pinpoint where the water from the creek eventually goes into the river.

Anybody have experience with this? I have no problem and catch and release but if one is mortally wounded would rather keep if allowed.

mikeym
07-14-2020, 11:19 AM
they make the regs as clear as mud sometimes. this is an example. under sheep river it states sheep river and all tributaries so i would take this to mean all the streams and creeks that eventually flow into the sheep river have to follow the sheep river regs. but in the general section they state that any unnamed creeks and rivers are to follow the general regs for that area.
i guess it depends on what they mean as a tributary. is a small creek that flows into another creek that then flows into the sheep a tributary of the sheep or the creek that flows into the sheep. it would be better if they just stated sheep river and all creeks and streams in drainage area.
best bet is to ph local conservation office and see what their interpertation is. you might get 3 different answers as i have found they are just as confused by the regs as we are sometimes.

good luck
Mike

CardiacCowboy
07-15-2020, 01:13 AM
To further confuse thing a river like the sheep has different regs for different sections so you have to trace creek to creek and see what part it flows into.

Ended up just fishing Mclean pond and having a picnic with my parents.