PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing and Sand

Hamsnacks
07-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Hello,

Wondering if there is a good place around Edmonton that has the potential of catching some fish off the shore and also a place for the kids to play in the sand, almost like a beach.

Hoping to keep it under 3 Hours distance-wise 1 way, I was thinking maybe Lac La Biche or Wabamun for offshore potential but I'm not too sure if they have a sand area for the kids to enjoy.

Thanks in advance.

Tried Cardiff and wasn't a big hit haha.

Red Bullets
07-20-2020, 12:35 AM
Close to Edmonton Wizard lake has easy shore fishing in front of Jubilee park. Also has a playground, a small beach area and if it's opened there is a confectionary there too. Unfortunately the parking lot next to the park there has a fee. You don't have to pay to go into the park if you park there. 40 minutes from Edmonton.

Hamsnacks
07-20-2020, 02:04 AM
Appreciate that Red Bullets, will definitely look into that.

Thank you

Bushleague
07-20-2020, 08:49 AM
At Lesser Slave there are some very good fishing spots along Devonshire and Martin beaches. This year has been a bit hit and miss due to the high/ dirty water, but I've pulled in many a walleye and pike while my kids played in the sand.

I can remember quite a few days where we were out in the boat for hours, stopped at the beach to let the kids play, and I ended up catching the best fish of the day from shore.

Sigmet
07-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Jubilee park is closed for the year, no playground and you can't fish in front of it. The dock has been pretty crowded with people fishing; trouble even getting out/into the boat some days. FYI.

Red Bullets
07-21-2020, 10:31 AM
Jubilee park is closed for the year, no playground and you can't fish in front of it. The dock has been pretty crowded with people fishing; trouble even getting out/into the boat some days. FYI.

Wow. Sad. Didn't realize this.

Hamsnacks
07-21-2020, 11:36 AM
At Lesser Slave there are some very good fishing spots along Devonshire and Martin beaches. This year has been a bit hit and miss due to the high/ dirty water, but I've pulled in many a walleye and pike while my kids played in the sand.

I can remember quite a few days where we were out in the boat for hours, stopped at the beach to let the kids play, and I ended up catching the best fish of the day from shore.

Thank you for the suggestion, will probably head there next week during the weekend, Slave Lake completely crossed my mind, Thanks.

Any chance there are other areas along the lake that have sand that you can access or is in front of the playground really the only spot?
Appreciate the heads-up, was planning on going there tomorrow, saved me an hours drive haha.