PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Cup 2020

Lowrance Fishburn
07-24-2020, 10:37 AM
So it looks like the will be having a Vanity Cup Tournament in Nipiwan this year after all! Huge tourney and massive purse. I will be fishing it this year with a buddy whom is a local up there and a very good fisherman. Still , the odds of winning are pretty slim but I guess there will be no fishermen from the US this year as a result of all this covid stuff. Anyone here going to be fishing in the Vanity this year? Or anyone that has fished it in years past? I'm fairly well versed with that body of water by now but always welcome any tips and tricks from experienced fellow fishermen. Cheers!

Freedom55
07-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Look for the Twin Marine guide boats and stick to their rail. Those guys are on the river every day all summer.

In 2018 the biggest were coming out of the deep hole along the clay banks between Eagle's nest corner and the mouth but boat control was difficult in the crowd and the current. There have been big fish caught at the cabin but I haven't had any luck there recently (although my P.B. came from there.)

Missed last year but I'm hopeful that the call will come.

Free

Lowrance Fishburn
07-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Look for the Twin Marine guide boats and stick to their rail. Those guys are on the river every day all summer.

In 2018 the biggest were coming out of the deep hole along the clay banks between Eagle's nest corner and the mouth but boat control was difficult in the crowd and the current. There have been big fish caught at the cabin but I haven't had any luck there recently (although my P.B. came from there.)

Missed last year but I'm hopeful that the call will come.

Free

Thanks for the input Freedom55. I know Ray at Twin Marine fairly well, im already getting excited for this tournament. Hope to see you out there! Cheers.