PDA

View Full Version : Defund DFO Movement

IronNoggin
07-24-2020, 01:16 PM
This is the beginning of a movement that is much beyond "Conservationists & Anglers" as the heading would suggest:

https://vancouversun.com/news/conservationists-anglers-say-its-time-to-reform-dfo

Already there are FN's, Scientists (many within the Department itself) and Industry onside with the fore mentioned groups. Their backing is rather impressive, and they are in the process of organizing even more support as I type. Their focus is not actually on the "defunding" of DFO, rather the “complete dismantling and restructuring” of Fisheries and Oceans with a view towards separating politics from the science of fisheries management.

This is something I feel is long overdue, and something I not only fully support, but am active in.

Stay Tuned, there will be MUCH more coming down the pipe in this regard in the next while...

Nog

Jayhad
07-26-2020, 10:43 AM
awesome, about time. It's a shame and should be a crime for the way they have managed the steelhead stocks.
That said I son't know how you would make all the competing interests come to consensus, as well how would one avoid politicizing a government department?

old dog
07-26-2020, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately politics is behind many things these days. Not the department that originally was founded