PDA

View Full Version : Anglers Fishing Tours Cold Lake

58thecat
07-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Yesterday my wife and I had the privilege of hanging out on Cold Lake with Kim Grey. Kim is a very humble and knowledgeable guide for this lake. Nice to be on a pontoon boat that provides ample room to two step if required with a laker or two. We had a few laughs for sure regarding the laker two step.... Little secret that his Anglers Bait Tackle & More shop is very well stocked with minnows, leaches etc even during this shortage....I got stocked up for eyes...Highly recommend checking Kim's outfit out if you wanting a comfortable time on a truly great lake... and if you need a place to hang your hat for a few days Evergreen Birch Lodge could accommodate accordingly.

Now I gotta get some yak time for eyes.....:)

RACKER
07-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the post.I was hoping to make it up there with the wife this year and it always helps having good info.Ive never caught a laker and want to soon.

coldlaketackleshack
07-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Yesterday my wife and I had the privilege of hanging out on Cold Lake with Kim Grey. Kim is a very humble and knowledgeable guide for this lake. Nice to be on a pontoon boat that provides ample room to two step if required with a laker or two. We had a few laughs for sure regarding the laker two step.... Little secret that his Anglers Bait Tackle & More shop is very well stocked with minnows, leaches etc even during this shortage....I got stocked up for eyes...Highly recommend checking Kim's outfit out if you wanting a comfortable time on a truly great lake... and if you need a place to hang your hat for a few days Evergreen Birch Lodge could accommodate accordingly.

Now I gotta get some yak time for eyes.....:)

It was a pleasure having you and your wife on the boat and enjoyed our conversation afterwards had a great time. Hope to meet up again and fish.

Kurt505
07-29-2020, 06:44 AM
Where’s this tackle shop located?

58thecat
07-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Where’s this tackle shop located?

Just outside Cold Lake North....google it...map will give you better directions...real easy to find.

Right at;

https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/listings/evergreen-birch-lodge-and-resort-6129/

HuyFishin
07-29-2020, 08:58 AM
where are the photos??:snapoutofit:

guru fisher
07-29-2020, 09:53 AM
How much a night is it for lets say a family of 4 ?

Weavster
07-29-2020, 09:54 AM
sounds like you guys had an awesome day out there! Kim has amazing service and is a great guide always goes the extra mile for his clients. Love seeing these positive reviews getting the word out there for others to take advantage of

58thecat
07-29-2020, 10:01 AM
How much a night is it for lets say a family of 4 ?

https://evergreenbirchlodge.com/?utm_source=TravelAlberta-ATIS&utm_medium=TravelAlberta&utm_campaign=ATIS%20-%20Alberta%20Tourism%20Information%20Service&utm_content=Listing%2F6129%2Fen-CA

check the link above...give'em a call.

58thecat
07-29-2020, 10:03 AM

cant kiss and tell every outing...weaver is watching and will muscle in on my action....:)

Esox
07-29-2020, 10:54 AM
Fantastic place for bait and last minute laker tackle. Cant speak highly enough of Kim either, one of my downriggers decided to not work the night before our trip a week ago. Kim was kind enough to loan me one of his spares for the day so we had 2 riggers instead of just one.

35 whelen
07-29-2020, 12:06 PM
Yes we just spent three nights at Evergreen Birch Lodge and Bev moved us into a nicer cabin cuz it was just so damn hot in ours thanks. Highly recommended

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

58thecat
07-29-2020, 03:24 PM
Yes we just spent three nights at Evergreen Birch Lodge and Bev moved us into a nicer cabin cuz it was just so damn hot in ours thanks. Highly recommended

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I gotta admit the complete setup is very impressive...a lot of great people who work extremely hard for their customers/clients.

Kurt505
07-29-2020, 08:13 PM
Stopped in at Kim’s bait and tackle shop today, had a little visit, definitely worth the 5 minute detour. Friendly fella to talk to and as mentioned he’s a wealth of knowledge for tips on cold lake.

Thanks Kim, and 58thecat for the heads up.

Willowtrail
07-30-2020, 05:11 PM
Stopped in at Kim’s bait and tackle shop today, had a little visit, definitely worth the 5 minute detour. Friendly fella to talk to and as mentioned he’s a wealth of knowledge for tips on cold lake.

Thanks Kim, and 58thecat for the heads up.

Kim is a Champ. Known him for years and he's always been a wicked guy to talk to and deal with. I try and stop in to see him every time I'm up there.

Kurt505
07-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Kim is a Champ. Known him for years and he's always been a wicked guy to talk to and deal with. I try and stop in to see him every time I'm up there.

Connecting rod between the two carbs popped off... snapped it back in, purrs like a kitty now :sHa_shakeshout:

58thecat
08-19-2020, 08:14 AM

https://www.zenseekers.com/story/discovering-zen-cold-lake-get-out-water-escape-deadlines-headlines-and-lineups?fbclid=IwAR0ypei0FpvtPOjSbKuSSUR3FdPEJUUwq OEb-nQU7rv7NY5OwvYgPArjI8s

This was sent to us.....kinda wraps it all up into one package.

HuyFishin
08-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Really good page! Alberta is definitely a beautiful place.

EZM
08-19-2020, 04:51 PM
We will be down there on the 31st for a few day ......... will definitely stop by and see his shop .......... it's important for all of us to support the local guys - particularly when they are recommended by other members.

Will need minnows to try and find some walleye .......

Dale S
08-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Booked a trip with him. Can't wait first time laker fishing.