PDA

View Full Version : Creek Fishing Edson?

5R Milspec
07-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Hey guys so it’s looks like I’m going to be working around the Edson area for the next 3 months or so and have never fished around that area. I’m wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for some decent creek fishing? I’m not looking at any specific species to fish or looking for anyone’s honey hole/secret spot, just a general idea of where to get started. I like to hike as well so I’m not opposed to making some tracks to get me there, really I would prefer to get away from any sort of crowds.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Bigwoodsman
07-29-2020, 01:42 PM
Run down highway 47, were water crossed the highway stop and fish. Graylings rainbows rockies.

BW

5R Milspec
07-29-2020, 02:22 PM
Run down highway 47, were water crossed the highway stop and fish. Graylings rainbows rockies.

BW

Awesome, thanks!!

Sooner
07-29-2020, 02:31 PM

BW

Prest Creek is one and right after the bridge going south, an oilfield road takes off to the east. We used to drive in a bit till the creek comes close and fish back there.

The road opposite(east) of the Fickle Lake turn off hits a couple creeks. Lots of traffic on that road. Can't remember the name of the road or creeks. Can catch fish right form shore at Fickle lake but only whites and perch are keepers and in 40 yrs of fishing that lake, only seen 1 white caught and not even sure the perch are there. Never seen one caught.

You can catch the Mcleod river right off that highway as well.

Head towards Cadomin, more fishing options right off the road.

We fished them creeks lots back in the day.

5R Milspec
07-29-2020, 07:27 PM
Prest Creek is one and right after the bridge going south, an oilfield road takes off to the east. We used to drive in a bit till the creek comes close and fish back there.

The road opposite(east) of the Fickle Lake turn off hits a couple creeks. Lots of traffic on that road. Can't remember the name of the road or creeks. Can catch fish right form shore at Fickle lake but only whites and perch are keepers and in 40 yrs of fishing that lake, only seen 1 white caught and not even sure the perch are there. Never seen one caught.

You can catch the Mcleod river right off that highway as well.

Head towards Cadomin, more fishing options right off the road.

We fished them creeks lots back in the day.

Thanks man, appreciate the info!