PDA

View Full Version : How are the little northern lakes?

Jeep
07-29-2020, 08:06 PM
How are the little lakes north of LaCorey and Iron River doing? Any good fishing? I grew up not too far away when I was a kid and remember great camping and fishing but that was 35 years ago. Looking to get away for a week and hopefully find a bit of a secluded spot to relax, a few fish would be a bonus. Bad roads no issue, canoe is on the roof rack, any recommendations are appreciated.

35 whelen
07-29-2020, 08:18 PM
Could be tough to find some secluded places nowadays I drove into Marie lake for the first time ever ,quite the road in there couldn't believe how many campers and trailers and boats were there

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jeep
07-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Those places were starting to get popular quite a while back. Might have to go a little further if anybody has any ideas. I was going to hit a couple of little lakes off the beaten path in the Kootenays but with all the covidiot warriors vandalizing vehicles and other nonsense I'm just going to avoid that province for a while.

topgun
07-29-2020, 10:18 PM
I would think Sinclair would be quiet ish.

mlee
07-30-2020, 12:57 PM
I fish that area lots and it's crazy this year. Even the rough trail lakes with no real campsites are packed every weekend. I'm sure there are a few that maybe arent so bad but the good ones are getting hammered hard.

58thecat
07-30-2020, 04:55 PM
tues-thurs are best if you want peaceful sorta....wait until school hopefully starts and then the lakes are all yours:sHa_shakeshout:

but the fishing is great......

Sooner
07-30-2020, 05:21 PM
Could be tough to find some secluded places nowadays I drove into Marie lake for the first time ever ,quite the road in there couldn't believe how many campers and trailers and boats were there

30 yrs back we drove into a backwoods lake with an ext cab truck that we heard about that was North of Bonnyville, can't remember the name but it was a windy narrow trial. Blew our minds at all the trailers and boats on trailers that were pulled in on that crappy road. Never expected to see that many RV's. I don't know how they could even pass each other in most places should you meet another on that trail.

No camp stalls, everyone was parked anywhere they could fit in the bush and no boat launch for them big boats.

35 whelen
07-30-2020, 07:12 PM
That sounds a lot like Marie lake now