PDA

View Full Version : Northern fishing

Soiler
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Just got back from Charles lake,we flew in for 5 days of fishing at Mikisews south camp.The big jacks were still deep we figure being that the biggest we caught was just under 11lbs. The lakers were fairly hard to find but we did eventually.They didn't break the 10lbs mark. Our biggest was 6 lbs 7 oz . The last day, my buddy and i caught 17 lakers out of the same spot in a matter of 5 hours. I'll try to post some pics at a later date but i'm not 2 sure how to go about it.Any help would be apprieciated.:)

Seabass
06-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, sounds like you has fun. I'm heading there myself in about 4 weeks. Any advice where to go? Did you make it over to Leggo lake at all? We usually just troll around some len thompsons, but I have a feeling they may be pretty deep by the time we get there. What depth were you hitting the lakers?

-NDN-
06-07-2007, 05:53 AM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=3789

that link will give you a hand with the photo popsting:)

Safety D
06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Sounds like you must have been in there too early.

Soiler
06-07-2007, 01:42 PM
The lakers were hanging out in about 30 ft of water & not to far off the bottom.The sandbar edge was where we hit them on the last day.Caught 20 lakers or so.We had the best luck with wally divers with alot of Chartreuse on them. I lost every 1 i had.The ruby red eye spoons worked well too. The jacks were still pretty lethargic except the hammer handles, they were hitting anything that moved. We never made it over to leggo lake because tim the trapper wasn't at his cabin on the southside yet, and he's used his quad to get us over there before.The ice has only been off the lake for barely 2 weeks. I guess all my pictures are to big to attach to this post.

Safety D
06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I am heading there for June 16-20th to Charles North. Should be warmed up by then and fish moving around better.