PDA

View Full Version : guys baitfishing on the Bow

marlin1
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM
my buddy just called in a couple of guys baitfishing on the bow by the southland dog park . tried to tell them, was ignored , won't be the first time and not the last I'm sure

jeprli
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Did officer get to them before they left?

There is someone bait fishing at Douglasdale baseball diamonds, just a bit further down where the cliff is, every time i go there I find fresh containers of shiners and ripped pickerel rigs, whoever it is, needs to stop it. Just waiting till I see the guy on the spot, then God help us both...

troller
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Just waiting till I see the guy on the spot, then God help us both...

Just take a pic and phone it in. No use getting into trouble over someone else getting into trouble LOL

A tough lesson learned through experience :o

Tony_S
08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
There is someone bait fishing at Douglasdale baseball diamonds, just a bit further down where the cliff is, every time i go there I find fresh containers of shiners and ripped pickerel rigs, whoever it is, needs to stop it. Just waiting till I see the guy on the spot, then God help us both...

Whoever it is fish's at night as best I can tell, Ive left there at sundown a few times, and then back at sunrise. New garbage, beer can's and bait containers that weren't there the night before. It's been goin' on for years....

baitfisher83
08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
only way to catch them is to be there at night.....maybe organize a group of people to track them down?

troutpirate
08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
i have had it with the poaching in my area. its not accidental either for the most part, they are getting pretty gutsy in the areas without cell phone reception. i think im getting close to losing my cool. the next duce bag with 3X his limit or a dead bull trout on a stick that tells me to mind my own business better be bigger than me and not fishing alone:mad2:

marlin1
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Did officer get to them before they left?

not sure , buddy called right away though, he's been seeing bait containers too

Cal
08-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I hear ya trout Pirate, I've got to the point where I simply will not fish or hunt near anyone else because their carelessness or abuse of our resorses completely ruins my enjoyment. I know I should be out there fighting the good fight but if I had to spend my trips fighting with jerks I would probably quit going. When they poach they are stealing from everyone, their stealing from me and I take it personaly.

Doc
08-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Don't wait to catch them, call the RAP line and let them know you are constantly seeing bait containers at that location, how long this has been going on and where exactly it is. Also let them know you believe they fish at night and how you came to that conclusion. They'll catch 'em.

Cheers,
Doc

hockey1099
08-07-2009, 01:38 AM
i have had it with the poaching in my area. its not accidental either for the most part, they are getting pretty gutsy in the areas without cell phone reception. i think im getting close to losing my cool. the next duce bag with 3X his limit or a dead bull trout on a stick that tells me to mind my own business better be bigger than me and not fishing alone:mad2:

Might want to get a good lawyer on retainer to deal with those assault charges. 2. bigger or smaller doesnt much matter when most guys who are fishing have knives.

troutpirate
08-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I hear ya trout Pirate, I've got to the point where I simply will not fish or hunt near anyone else because their carelessness or abuse of our resorses completely ruins my enjoyment. I know I should be out there fighting the good fight but if I had to spend my trips fighting with jerks I would probably quit going. When they poach they are stealing from everyone, their stealing from me and I take it personaly.

X2 i thought i was the only dude who took stuff like that personally. i care about the places i fish and watching these goons can easily wreck a trip i would love to return the favour and ruin a few poaching trips. but where does it end?
sure is frustrating.
i think i owe it to myself and the resource to invest in a satelite phone then i can do my part.

spinerfisher
08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Unfortunetly its always going on here,there,everywhere from these ass*&^! 80% of my fishing trips(about 25 this year) throughout southern alberta has seen some sort of poaching or disobeying regs. Ive called RAP on most of my ventures fishing seeing crap going down. I say to myself now when i see another fishermen, whats he up too,whats he doing. Its not right i know, since there are alot of us who obey the regs and follow the rules and everyone is equal, but so far this year its disgusting whats going on out there:mad2:

notagoodtroutfisher
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
i saw bait containers on the rocks at bowness park today

robert
08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah, it's going on everywhere, too many just don't obey the regs. Can't say i've caught anyone yet.

I've fished the NSR in many different areas and the only luck I have is catching lures. While it saves money, not one of them are barbless and some are rigged up with too many hooks.

I've gotten tangled up in pickerel rigs while wading, nothing better than pulling barbed hooks out of ones hands trying to get untangled. Yep, you can tie 6 hooks on a line and cast it out. :mad3:

hockeyfish
08-09-2009, 09:26 PM

ya, the last guy who told me to mind my own business was 4 feet tall...i threw him in the water.

Paul C
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
:mad3:One of the best way to prove poaching with bait is to photograph them putting bait on the hook(s). This is important because if they are bottom fishing this shows active fishing with bait. I have photographed more than one rod in the water but it did not prove they were fishing because it could be argued in court they are straighten there lines. This is a frustrating for f & w officers.:mad3: The photos also have to be dated and time if your camera can. The whole experence is very frustrating for the honest angler.
:mad2:

tatonkagp
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I like the idea of pictures, I will start to take some of the arse holes when I see it.

wildman
08-11-2009, 08:06 PM
TOTALLY worth calling R.A.P.!!!
i just received a $400 check in the mail for doing so a month or so ago...
AND those &^#$@% TOTALLY DESERVE IT!!!!

gramps73
08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Hats off wildman..
You can bitch all you want on the board but if your not willing to do anything it's time to settle down. Collect the money take the picture and turn them in..
my 2 cents

marlin1
08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
talked to my buddy and these guys cut the line and tossed the bait into the river . Names and license numbers were taken and no charges laid but its on file , tight lines

Nanuk
08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I was the guy who called the r.a.p. line, talked to the conservation officer and they spotted him approaching and were able to throw everything away. He did take there WIN #'s so there in the system so if they get caught again even with out a "smoking gun" there is legal action that Fish and Wildlife can take.

lilsundance
08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Take a pic if you can of them putting bait on the hook. Get facial pics of them and call the R.A.P. hotline.
This board and moderators do not condone violence against said lawbreakers.
It will only end up in you getting into deep water that you may not be able to swim out of.

jeprli
08-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Of course, evidence is the key. We are all angry at poachers but who in their right mind is going to attack a complete stranger in the woods? I know I won't unless my life depends on it. BUT I will do anything possible to get the culprit convicted and charged, pocket hurts the most, that I know from experience(traffic) :)

Cheers!

Going to the Bow right now, it's 4:55am...

river_runner
08-12-2009, 05:23 AM
only way to catch them is to be there at night.....maybe organize a group of people to track them down?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We are all angry at poachers but who in their right mind is going to attack a complete stranger in the woods? Thank you well said.