PDA

View Full Version : Access to Little Bear ( Hasse ) lake by Cold lake

johnny2
08-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Have never been there, and would like to get a 4x4 van with roof rack jon boat to the water. Google Earth shows that lake access on the South end is on private property. There is a trail on the NW from the road to the lake, does anyone know if you can drive down, and launch a boat? Thanks (Buy you a Beer ! )
Johnny

58thecat
08-08-2020, 12:47 AM
Ya gotta recce it...weather may say too much muck or go hit the fella just south to launch....you will see when you drive up...hmmmm fish are really muddy...might as well suck on a rock or a mouth full of sand...Ethel or Marie...Marie at least you can keep an eye....

Gerald J
08-08-2020, 10:02 AM
I was there twice. In 2013 and 2014. Accessing the lake using the trail on the NW side of the lake you are talking about. I drive a Corolla and the first year, I was able to make it down the trail riding on top of the ruts. It is a very shallow area to launch a boat but you should not have any problems launching a Jon boat. I have one of those inflatable pontoon boats so no issue there. The second time I was there, there were lots of ruts, holes at the trail head. I parked there and carried by pontoon down to the lake. I have no idea what it's like now.

Deep
08-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Was thinking of trying this spot as well. Must be someone in the group with good info about the road/ lake side area. Good luck.

kidd
08-10-2020, 12:03 PM
Was thinking of trying this spot as well. Must be someone in the group with good info about the road/ lake side area. Good luck.

I haven't walked down to the water this year to check it out but last few years I would not try drive my 4x4 pickup down the trail. Too many deep washed out areas. Maybe some kid with a jacked up 4x4 would do it but not me. If its still the same (and probably is) my advice would be to pull it in with a quad from the highway.
kidd

bodomtyrant
08-10-2020, 06:48 PM
Still deep ruts in spots, also got hit hard by winterkill.

WinefredCommander
08-10-2020, 10:25 PM
West side off Hwy 897 at the turnout. Launching anything other then a topper will be a PITA.